A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Modern Warfare 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sexbad

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 22
Location : inside you

PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 am

I stand by my idea that it is a standard expansion pack of the original MW2 made by some overbudgeted fanboy company. It's like playing Serious Sam except all the enemies are marksmen with 360 degree heat vision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maddoxfanx

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 27
Location : Vail, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 am

I bought Modern Warfare 2 because pretty much everyone had the game. I was sorely disappointed. I honestly never touched the single player and multiplayer was fun for about a day before becoming tedious and repetitive like most online multiplayer games. I think it was playing on the airport map 5 times in a row.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://triplea.aftervision.com/
Cupids_Hitman

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:34 am

I have purposely stayed away from this game. I'm mainly a PC gamer, so I was kinda upset about there being no dedicated servers. And besides, I never really enjoyed the combat from COD4 anyways. The singleplayer was pretty fun, but online all the good people slaughter everyone and everyone else gets very few kills. I find it very frusterating, so I never got into it. However when I can find a server where I can actually get some shots off, I will admit it can be fun.

But yeah, that's my stance on this game. Haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin
avatar

Posts : 708
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 am

Really ? I loved the single player campaign, and I'm not even a big FPS fan. It takes you through a range of different situations, which keeps it fresh and fun. Some sneaking, some defending, some assaulting. Mostly very linear levels, sure, but a couple which are a bit more arena-like.

The gameplay is nothing special, I just love the amount of polish tghere is to the game. It's well thoughth out and a lot of time and attention has gone into it. No surprise, considering the amounts of money involved. Not my #1 game of 2009, for sure, and probably not worthy of the kind of rabid praise it got. But I did play the single player campaign all the way through, which is kind of rare for me, especially for a shooter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Cupids_Hitman

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:13 pm

The single-player in CoD4 as very good. I played it all in one sitting and really enjoyed it, however it wasn't something that would hook me and keep me playing in the long wrong.

So I decided not to play MW2 because of the that. But if someone were to give me free copy of it I would totally play it. That set-piece outside of the burning white house looked kind of awesome!

Also, I am really into the game Team Fortress 2, as well as all the Valve shooters, which is drastically different from the Call of Duty gameplay, so that is probably one of the reasons I didn't care for it as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Modern Warfare 2 isn't that great. The single-player is good, but the multiplayer is full of noobs, campers, hackers, campers, 11y.o's, campers, people who camp and campers. And who the hell runs around with dual shotguns from 1887?


BFBC2 > MW2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squirrelbo1

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-03-03
Location : Harrow, London

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am

sadly its not the game it promised to be, and its not even as good as number 4. however i am not going to pretend that i don't enjoy it, or that its not good, becuase that simple is not the truth. despite all the many bugs it is still a fun game, it no way deserves the praise it gets or should it really be able to justify the sales but meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izanagi_the fool

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 24
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am

I found it quite fun to play the single player. I got bored of the multiplayer within two weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin
avatar

Posts : 708
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Cupids_Hitman wrote:
The single-player in CoD4 as very good. I played it all in one sitting ...

One sitting ? One ... sitting ? For reals ? God damn I feel ADHD sometimes. I can't even take a dump in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Arguementive Prick

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 34
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

MW2 single player campaign for me is one of the best ive played. Everyone complained that the story was vague and most of the time they had no idea what was going on..that's because they weren't paying attention and are too used to being sat down and made sit through cut scenes..which for me..take you OUT of the immersion..not increase it. In half life they did it in a way that the action was happening around you while playing, it made a great game even better as it was totally believable. It became known as the freeman effect..and is in full effect in MW2.


In my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sexbad

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 22
Location : inside you

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm

No, MW2's story sucks because it is complete bullshit. And it is revealed through cutscenes.

I'm not sure how exactly anyone can like it considering all you do is take cover and wait for yourself to heal from a near-death state after taking damage from guys with Kalashnikovs in Alaska who saw you peak out about an inch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Uberman wrote:
Really ? I loved the single player campaign, and I'm not even a big FPS fan. It takes you through a range of different situations, which keeps it fresh and fun. Some sneaking, some defending, some assaulting. Mostly very linear levels, sure, but a couple which are a bit more arena-like.

The gameplay is nothing special, I just love the amount of polish tghere is to the game. It's well thoughth out and a lot of time and attention has gone into it. No surprise, considering the amounts of money involved. Not my #1 game of 2009, for sure, and probably not worthy of the kind of rabid praise it got. But I did play the single player campaign all the way through, which is kind of rare for me, especially for a shooter.

THE BUS MOMENT!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sexbad

avatar

Posts : 504
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 22
Location : inside you

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 am

After the bus moment it goes directly back to shooting enemies that come completely from everywhere with 360 degree heat vision and perfect aim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arguementive Prick

avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 34
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Dragons in Space wrote:
No, MW2's story sucks because it is complete bullshit. And it is revealed through cutscenes.

I'm not sure how exactly anyone can like it considering all you do is take cover and wait for yourself to heal from a near-death state after taking damage from guys with Kalashnikovs in Alaska who saw you peak out about an inch.


The story sucks because it is complete bullshit? Oh i see..sorry its all so clear to me now that you've illustrated your point with such integrity! The story is revealed through cut-scenes? Really? Because i thought that was a loading screen that served as a mission briefing also and was quiet inventive...please note..the term cut-scene may need the scene to CUT from one to another in order to be a cut-scene but that's ok.

As for your closing comment about waiting or hiding behind cover..is well, what would you suggest in a gunfight? Juggling tampons?


Last edited by Arguementive Prick on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because im worth it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin
avatar

Posts : 708
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 pm

MortalWombat wrote:

THE BUS MOMENT!!!!

Holy shit, you've actually read my written review of MW2 ? So you're the one. I stopped writing 'em because I thought no one was reading 'em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Uberman wrote:
MortalWombat wrote:

THE BUS MOMENT!!!!

Holy shit, you've actually read my written review of MW2 ? So you're the one. I stopped writing 'em because I thought no one was reading 'em.

Yeah, readers I think might be put off by their length. You should keep it short and sweet, or sharp, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker

avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 am

Anyone played against those jackasses who only used Danger Close and One Man Army?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Infant Shaker wrote:
Anyone played against those jackasses who only used Danger Close and One Man Army?

Yep! I think WingsOfRedemption (on YouTube) made a video about it appealing to IW to change it or something. Pretty annoying, but no where near as annoying (or frequent) as Commando noobs and campers. ESPECIALLY campers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker

avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 am

MortalWombat wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:
Anyone played against those jackasses who only used Danger Close and One Man Army?

Yep! I think WingsOfRedemption (on YouTube) made a video about it appealing to IW to change it or something. Pretty annoying, but no where near as annoying (or frequent) as Commando noobs and campers. ESPECIALLY campers.

I blame Killstreaks for the campers, without them, they would never want to sit in a corner with a spas waiting for a random passerby to kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am

Infant Shaker wrote:
MortalWombat wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:
Anyone played against those jackasses who only used Danger Close and One Man Army?

Yep! I think WingsOfRedemption (on YouTube) made a video about it appealing to IW to change it or something. Pretty annoying, but no where near as annoying (or frequent) as Commando noobs and campers. ESPECIALLY campers.

I blame Killstreaks for the campers, without them, they would never want to sit in a corner with a spas waiting for a random passerby to kill.

I just can't believe they put HEARTBEAT SENSORS in! Why the FUCK would a non-camper need HBS?
Killstreaks are okay I reckon, because you can easily shoot them down, but usually most of my team are dickheads and noobs who use HBS and noobtubes. Oh, and AA12's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker

avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:32 am

The game is really ticking me off, my KDR has been slowly declining since I can't put any serious time into the game, I play maybe two or three games when I have a moment and I can't quite get used to playing the game so my scores have been getting worse and worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker

avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Wow, I had a interesting Headquarters Pro match a few minutes ago, I was playing skidrow, pissed out of my mind because my whole team was camping, which is like the opposite of the objective in HQ, anyway so I was at 2-9 because I was the only one trying to take the objective, and out of nowhere, I just go completely pro, storm the upper level of the middle building, killing 3-4 people, and start to capture the objective. Now the enemy team tries to stop me, rushing and rushing the objective while I take it, I downed over 5 people just captured the objective, I run to the other room, and wait till they try to recapture it, kill a few more, get a Chopper Gunner only on kills from my gun(still had the missile and Harrier), and the only reason I died was because after that awesome streak I stood up, tightly gripped my testicles, and started screaming stuff like "You like this you hooligans!" and "Suck on it!" at the TV. We ended up winning and my score was 34-22 by the end of the match.

If any of you guys are on PS3 and want to play MW2 or just add me for the hell of it, my PSN is: Icecold638, I'm on 2nd prestige with a 1.46 KDR. I don't have a mic currently, I lent it to a friend and he still didn't return it...Damn Mexican.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 am

I stopped caring about shooters after Halo PC. I also stopped caring about RTS multiplayer games as soon as I found out they weren't actually fun online.

I found out incredibly quickly that any online game ultimately becomes the same rigamarole after no more than a week of playing it. People find the best spots to hide, the cheapest and best ways to win, and then use those over and over. There's no variety. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because some people don't mind repetition. It's just not my thing.

So ultimately I only play shooter games for the Campaign. I have had just about enough of war games though, so I won't ever really play a Call of Duty game. I hear the story is fantastic, but since there's so much emphasis on the multiplayer I doubt I'll play this or any of the other FPS games that are coming out in the next eleven years or so.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 pm

art wrote:
I stopped caring about shooters after Halo PC. I also stopped caring about RTS multiplayer games as soon as I found out they weren't actually fun online.

I found out incredibly quickly that any online game ultimately becomes the same rigamarole after no more than a week of playing it. People find the best spots to hide, the cheapest and best ways to win, and then use those over and over. There's no variety. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because some people don't mind repetition. It's just not my thing.

So ultimately I only play shooter games for the Campaign. I have had just about enough of war games though, so I won't ever really play a Call of Duty game. I hear the story is fantastic, but since there's so much emphasis on the multiplayer I doubt I'll play this or any of the other FPS games that are coming out in the next eleven years or so.

So I guess you're an avid BioShock fan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin
avatar

Posts : 708
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 am

I also stick to single player almost exclusively. For me, gaming time is alone time. When I want to hang out with people, I do it in Real Life TM. Unfortunately, although I consider myself a gamer, I find that a large percentage of gamers are jerks.

No one on the RWEP forums of course. But you know, those other guys. Jerks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2   

Back to top Go down
 
Modern Warfare 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» XM 25
» Quest for Born to Pwn emblem
» Modern Warfare 3 Roll Call - May 2012
» Modern Warfare 3 has turned into a dirty war online
» CoD 4 Modern Warfare TIPS

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: