Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fable 3

Go down 
+6
-drifter-
Muppet
Uberman
MortalWombat
superawesomecoolguy
Casted
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Fable 3 Fableiii
TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-VEWuStpOU
GAMEPLAY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAxoBTgytEQ
Fable III is the third game in the Fable series of action role-playing games developed by Lionhead Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios and is the sequel to Fable II. It is scheduled to be released on October 26th, 2010 for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows.

Plot
Set fifty years after the events of Fable II, the continent of Albion, where the Fable series is set, is under the control of Logan, a tyrant king and the Hero's older brother. The player's character, the "Hero", is forced into a quest to become a revolutionary leader to defeat the king after an "injustice" happens to their parent (the "Hero" of Fable II), believed to be at the hands of the tyrant. Over the course of the first half of the game, the Hero will overthrow Logan and become ruler of Albion themselves. During the second half of the game, a foreign nation, believed to be called Aurora, will threaten Albion and the player has to decide how to react to it.

Gameplay
There are rewards for being a self-serving ruler, including a treasury filled with gold piles that grow or diminish based on the player's wealth. The player's in-game family will attempt to pressure the player into selfishly taking money from Albion to maintain and upgrade his castle.

The player is also tasked with dealing with how his society works on a day-to-day basis, such as how to handle crime, poverty, and taxation. Another example is the choice to go to war. While Albion is only a single continent in a much-larger world, Fable III is the second game in the series to expand the playable areas beyond Albion's borders.

Like the character-morphing that defines the series, where the player's character changes appearance based on his or her actions, growing beautiful or ugly based on good and evil actions respectively, Fable III expands that to location-morphing. If the player taxes a region heavily, the people will become visibly poorer, their buildings will start to fall into disrepair and the player will encounter hostility from them if he passes through the area. The player's melee weapon will change with use, as well as the player's ranged and magic gauntlets. If the player decides to kill innocents the weapon will drip with blood, and if the player kills a large amount of skeletons it will look more skeletal like. The example Lionhead gave was the town of Bowerstone: in the time since Fable II Albion has undergone the industrial revolution and Bowerstone has become "a mass of Victorian-era inspired churning industry," with the skyline being hugely affected by this. During the technological upheaval, however, crime, injustice and poverty have grown and the player can choose to eradicate it or let it continue unchecked. Either way, Albion will grow to reflect the player's decision or lack of.

Molyneux has promised to remove a traditional RPG mechanic from Fable III, the emphasis being on removing "clunkiness" and making the game more accessible. A new system also applies to general interaction, such as to shake someone's hand. Dynamic Touch allows the player to lead someone to a location. Molyneux gave an example of a child trapped in a burning building. The player could go into the house and comfort the child with Expression Touch before using Dynamic Touch to carry the child to safety.
Currently there are two editions set to be released at retail. The first being the Standard Edition which contains the following

* Disc containing the full version of the game
* Game Manual
* Standard Plastic Casing

And then there is the Limited Collectors Edition which contains the following:

* Disc containing the full version of the game
* Game Manual
* Unique Book casing
* Token(s) to download:
o Two new outfits (one for male and one for female)
o New Region Usable for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures
o An Exclusive Quest
o An Exclusive Dog Breed (Boxer)
* A Deck of cards featuring all characters from the Game
* A Guild tossing coin ideal for making good or bad decisions

Currently there are no plans for a pre-order bonus.

So! Comments, compliments, complains?
As for me. I can't wait to play this game.
Back to top Go down
superawesomecoolguy

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:29 pm

looks awesome
i loved the first fable btw,never got to play the 2nd i heard it sucked ^_^
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm

It was good.
Lots of bugs and other stuff, but it was good.
It had lots of different game features wich were never used by players and that sucked for real.
But i must admit that was LHeads mistake.
Anyway opinions may vary.)
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm not a big fan of RPG's, but Fable III does look promising.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Casted wrote:
It was good.
Lots of bugs and other stuff, but it was good.
It had lots of different game features wich were never used by players and that sucked for real.
But i must admit that was LHeads mistake.
Anyway opinions may vary.)

Yeah, I liked it despite its flaws. Certainly far from perfect and pretty far from the original promises that were made about it, but still a good enough game overall. I played it completion and played as a complete bastard, which was fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Muppet

Muppet

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Fable   Fable 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Fable 1 was my first game i bought and i loved it.
ALSO I THINK IT IS ON PC
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 am

superawesomecoolguy wrote:
looks awesome
i loved the first fable btw,never got to play the 2nd i heard it sucked ^_^

I'd say you heard about right. The controls are pretty slugish and it's about as dumbed down as RPG's get, but overall the gameplay's alright. The big problem is the story. It's just... too stupid to describe here (and besides, someone already did it for me)

Fable 3 looks to be following Fable 2's lead, dumbing down the already simpler-than-simple RPG elements and desperately trying to make us give a shit about the random NPC's who all act and sound like the same two annoyingly stupid people.

Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of the third installment. If it turns out to be good, great, but I don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Saithis

Saithis

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 am

Drifter wrote:

(and besides, someone already did it for me)

I know Im re-opening an old thread, but reading this changed the way I look at games forever.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 am

I dunno, I liked Fable 2 but I don't mind being "told a story".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Saithis

Saithis

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:06 pm

PunchFox wrote:
I dunno, I liked Fable 2 but I don't mind being "told a story".

I kinda hate the concept. When you see a guy you're definite is going to backstab you and you're thinking "BACK UP USE MAGIC RUNNN" and your character turns around like an idiot and suddenly you're supposed to be surprised that he betrayed you? Or the obvious plot twists in which you know exactly whats going to happen before it does? I think the worst is when you're lead around on a leash with almost no control over what happens. Its more like watching a movie than playing a game IMO =/
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 am

I think as gamers, we've been spoiled by all these open-ended "choose your own adventure" games. What happened to the days of Super Mario, or Legend of Zelda? They were basically doing the same thing, and they are hailed as amazing games.

What's even more interesting to me is that most of the games that are showered with praise for allowing the player more freedom actually allow very little, and it's only because most games allow none that even a little bit seems like a whole lot. Only very recently have we been getting games like Fallout 3, Rain something or other whatever that game is, etc etc. And the funny thing is, if you really wanna get down to it, even THOSE are still pretty tight. There is still a definite set of conclusions programmed into the game, and although the designers may do a great job of creating the illusion that you are free to do as you will, it is still just an illusion.

Now, if you think that the story in Fable sucks, that's a different thing entirely. I liked the story from the first one, but the second was sort of BS, I admit. It wasn't at all as emotionally involved as the first, except for the dog. I loved the dog! I was so sad when he died! ):
Back to top Go down
Saithis

Saithis

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 am

PunchFox wrote:
I think as gamers, we've been spoiled by all these open-ended "choose your own adventure" games. What happened to the days of Super Mario, or Legend of Zelda? They were basically doing the same thing, and they are hailed as amazing games.

What's even more interesting to me is that most of the games that are showered with praise for allowing the player more freedom actually allow very little, and it's only because most games allow none that even a little bit seems like a whole lot. Only very recently have we been getting games like Fallout 3, Rain something or other whatever that game is, etc etc. And the funny thing is, if you really wanna get down to it, even THOSE are still pretty tight. There is still a definite set of conclusions programmed into the game, and although the designers may do a great job of creating the illusion that you are free to do as you will, it is still just an illusion.

Now, if you think that the story in Fable sucks, that's a different thing entirely. I liked the story from the first one, but the second was sort of BS, I admit. It wasn't at all as emotionally involved as the first, except for the dog. I loved the dog! I was so sad when he died! ):

But he never died!
Because of your awesomeness, you arrived right after the wish was ready, and just before Mr.Baddie got his wish! Your split-second timing allowed you to magically ressurect your dog and family. Unfortunately, the NPC's you will never see, interact with, or care about, have to stay dead. Unfortunately. And you dont get the AMAZING one million! Which I think I managed to scrape together during the TUTORIAL. Finished the game with 12mil and 1 mill is supposed to make me give up uber-dog? There was only one smart choice really.
Back to top Go down

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 am

PunchFox wrote:
I think as gamers, we've been spoiled by all these open-ended "choose your own adventure" games. What happened to the days of Super Mario, or Legend of Zelda?

How come every time you talk about video games you have to mention a Nintendo game?
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:26 am

I grew up on them. got a problem with that?
Back to top Go down
Saithis

Saithis

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:22 pm

PunchFox wrote:

You grew up?
:P
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 am

Fine. I spent most of my earlier years with them.

NEVAR GET OLD!!!! CHILD AT HEART!!!

That's why it's ok for me to have sex with 14 year olds. ^____^
Back to top Go down

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:13 am

PunchFox wrote:

Yeah, stop living in the past selectbutton.net
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:33 am

You're just mad that you got banned, and I'm still there (and allowed to post topics on top of that)
Back to top Go down

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 am

funchpox stop being a dickbutt go play your GAYcube
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:55 am

Hey guys, Art is a troll, and nothing more. Save yourselves the time, and ban him now.

ARE YOU READING THIS UBERMAN?!?!
Back to top Go down

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:22 pm

PunchFox wrote:
Hey guys, Art is a troll, and nothing more. Save yourselves the time, and ban him now.

ARE YOU READING THIS UBERMAN?!?!

.__.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Fable 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable 3   Fable 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:59 pm

art has always been banned.

In our hearts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com