A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Casted

PostSubject: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:48 am

When i was a child I didn' have enough courage to finish this game.
But now i'm going to, after 15 years.
Have anyone played it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:58 am

I haven't but it looks scary and sounds scary, what is it on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casted

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:36 am

Infant Shaker wrote:
I haven't but it looks scary and sounds scary, what is it on?

Its'a point-and-click quest.
This game,if not the best hard sci-fi adventure ever made, is definitely must be in "must see" list (no doubt due to active involvement of author Harlan Ellison himself in the design). The game picks up around the end of Ellison's story: you control the last 5 humans on earth as they were sent by supercomputer AM to face their dark past. Success in righting their crimes means potential release from captivity. The game offers a different (and arguably more optimistic) ending than the novel, and the puzzles are ok and thought-provoking. When I Have No Mouth doesn't stump you with puzzles, it raises many intriguing questions about both human nature and the nature of manmade technology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

It's awesome. A bit dated now, but the subject matter makes it worth playing through.

Although I have never seen it mentioned, I think there is a secret ending as well. Why ? There's a way of finishing each character PERFECTLY. Their picture reacts to good and bad decisions, and if you do them just right, at the end of their section you can actually make them smile. I've never seen a walkthrough that explains how to do this with every character, but I think if you do then there's an additional ending (not the slug ending).

I have no reason to believe this is true, it's just wild speculation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Uberman wrote:
I've never seen a walkthrough that explains how to do this with every character, but I think if you do then there's an additional ending (not the slug ending).

Well thanks for spoiler Mr. Uberman.
Heh...joking.)
And YES, there is a good ending.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:01 am

Holy shit, that's awesome. I've never seen that before. I always believed it existed, but I've never seen evidence of it. That's really cool for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 am

Uberman wrote:
Holy shit, that's awesome. I've never seen that before. I always believed it existed, but I've never seen evidence of it. That's really cool for me.

You are welcome.)
I'm going for the best ending
I must admit it's rather difficult game, plus this shitty DOSbox is pretty glitchy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)   

Back to top Go down

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (1995)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1