Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splinter Cell.

Go down 
+4
EliteWalrus
Cupids_Hitman
Uberman
Bobby Rice 2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobby Rice 2

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 pm

As a huge addict of the splinter cell series, back to the first game - I have to say i'm looking forward to the next title, and i'm extremely happy with the changes and steps in a different direction they are taking.

My question to all of you is. Do you care that there isn't going to be multiplayer versus? Is this going to affect you purchasing the game? I've heard alot of people saying it would affect them buying the game, and it interests me, voice your opinion on the directions they've took, and the decision of the multiplayer disappearing.

Also.

Civilization 5?! Happy times within?.. For fucking sure.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I also love the Splinter Cell series. For me, Splinter Cell > Metal Gear.

I'm not so sure about the new direction though. I love the sneaking aspect of the series, lurking in the shadows and quietly snapping necks. From the trailers I've seen I'm worried this might be more of just a straight up third person shooter. I want there to be a lot of thinking involved, not just run and gun. There are plenty of other titles that already fill that niche. Come to think of it, where have all the stealth games gone ? I haven't seen a decent stealth game for a while.

I also don't care about multiplayer. I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer. I'm a lone wolf, and that's why the chicks dig me. Awwwww yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Cupids_Hitman

Cupids_Hitman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I have always been a Metal Gear guy, and I have only played the first Splinter Cell, but the new one is looking pretty awesome. Too bad I don't have a 360 and I don't plan on getting one. Does anyone know if this game going to be released for PC? If it is, I'm about 25% more excited for it.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Rice 2

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:30 am

I'm pretty sure as with all the splinter cell games, turn the difficulty to max - then regardless of how the gameplay is intended, you're forced to be stealthed and pro'z. But I can't FUCKING wait for this game, tis the only game I KNOW will not disappoint me, and for that simple fact Uberman, you will fucking LOVE the game, or I will be lurking around in the shadows at a place near you soon.

And to the other guy [Other guy as in, you're not Uberman so I have no need to remember your name, tis of no posessive iconic power in my life..] yeah, it is for the PC. Hip hip fucking hoorah!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

What Bobby Rice said. It is definitely coming out on PC as well as XBOX. I'm sure you'll need a ninjah gaming rig to run it though.
Back to top Go down
EliteWalrus

EliteWalrus

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Sam Fisher is a badass!   Splinter Cell. EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:13 am

I have to say that I am very excited for this game. I have always been a big fan of the series. It makes me feel like (more of) a ninja.
Back to top Go down
rlwpeace

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Looks amazing...   Splinter Cell. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 am

I love spy / stealth games and was disappointed w/ Bourne (boy did they blow that; hopes someone else picks it up and does it right).

Never have played Splinter Cell but this game looks amazing and I'm very much into co-op play; the only problem - I don't have an Xbox but I'm very tempted to sell my Wii and some lame games I have to get one.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Selling a Wii for an XBOX is a sensible step forward for anyone. I for one would salute such a decision.
Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Uberman wrote:
Selling a Wii for an XBOX is a sensible step forward for anyone. I for one would salute such a decision.

Play all the good games for it before selling it though. Don't worry, it won't take long, there's only about five or six of them.

As far as new Stealth games go, this game requires a lot of sneaking:
http://www.penumbragame.com/

Actually in all seriousness, if there were any time to GET a wii, it would be now. 2010 is looking to be the Year of the Wii. Atlas is pumping out wii games and translating them, and there are some neat new wii exclusives like Metroid Other M and Epic Mickey that are supposed to come out this year.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:02 am

Penumbra Penumbra Penumbra is yes. An excellent stealth game.

Also, for stealth I'd suggest the LURK mod for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. It tweaks the AI in great ways (but also that means on rare occasions they don't notice things that are directly in front of them).

I played a little bit of Chaos Theory so far and even in the extremely contrived areas, such as the gas-leaking engine room, it's tense and the stealth is entertaining. However, I haven't seen much of Conviction recently, but all I remember is seeing videos that make the game look ridiculously easy, being able to plan what to shoot from behind cover and watching your character shoot it, instead of being a part of actual heart-pounding action.
Back to top Go down
Bing2590

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:35 pm

I can't wait for this game!!!! Splinter Cell Double Agent really hooked me into the series and this one is going to be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Got this today.

Mmmmmmeeeeeerrrrruuuuuuuummmmmmmbhgs.

That's the sound of me not being sure about something.

I've only played a couple of hours so far, and I can't say it's really grabbed me. It's Splinter Cell, kind of, but there's more of an emphasis on quick action than before. It's more a kind of 'run and gun' stealth game, if that makes any sense. I found the previous Splinter Cell games to be a bit more 'thinky', observe, plan, wait and then execute. That's what I liked about them. This is more about reacting and doing things on the fly, as far as I can see.

Also - IT'S TOO GODDAMN DARK. Seriously, when you're hiding in the dark, the color bleeds from the screen so you know you're hidden. The enemies stay in color, so they're not too hard to hunt. But all the other objects, things you can use for cover and so on, can be completely black. Again, the old low-light goggles were awesome for seeing in the dark. I want them back.

I will play more, and see if it improves. It's not bad, it's just not quite what I was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 am

I'm pissed it isn't on PS3...
Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 am

When I think of Stealth games, the first game that comes to mind is Metal Gear Solid. After that, Hitman. After that, this game.

I don't like the Splinter Cell series of games as much as MGS or Hitman. The reason being is it's a lot more strict, and takes itself much more seriously. There are some obvious jokes in MGS games, and in Hitman there are some more subtle jokes, like dressing up as a clown to disguise oneself at a party.

Another thing different about the Splinter Cell games is that they seem a lot less forgiving. In the Metal Gear Solid games, it's incredibly easy to hide from and outwit enemy soldiers because they're just plain stupid. In Hitman, there's not really any penalty for being discovered unless you're not well armed.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 pm

I'm getting into this more. I think it's a matter of expectation and perception.

The reason I balked initially is because this game is different. I think I would have liked the game more if it wasn't marketed as a 'Splinter Cell' game, which comes with a bunch of expectations attached to it.

I put this game down for about a week without touching it, went back and enjoyed it. I think I came back to it in the right mindset. This is a good game in its own right. Not great, some pretty serious flaws particularly with the AI. The guys are VERY easy to fool, especially if you have access to windows or the ability to change levels (crawling up pipes and so on).

So my advice to any SC fans would be that you might like this game, but consider it a stand alone game, something new rather than a continuation of something old. Then there are juicy treats to be found.

Oh and art, I agree fully about humor and this game epitomises it. It takes itself very seriously indeed. Bit of a bummer, that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splinter Cell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell.   Splinter Cell. Empty

Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: