A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

Resident Evil 4:

Borderlands:

Starfox 2 (later became Starfox Command on the DS):

Sonic Crackers (later recycled and turned into Knuckles Chaotix):

Halo:

http://www.unseen64.net/
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 pm

I would've said 'Deus Ex 3', but it looks like that white whale is finally becoming a reality.

Duke Nukem Forever (or whatever - a Duke Nukem sequel).

Without wanting to sound like an old geezer again, some of you are probably too young to know why this would be such a big deal. The first game had a bunch of hard-core fans. I was not one of them, I thought the originals were fine. Kind of funny, nothing amazing.

The difficulty with such a hard core fanbase like this is that after so much time it will be literally IMPOSSIBLE to live up to their expectations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 am

art wrote:
Resident Evil 4:

So before it was a zombie game, it was a game in which inanimate objects attempt to murder you? Huh. Also...

Gotta say, I think I prefer the version we got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uberman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Drifter wrote:

Isn't that a real game ? I think that's the orginal Red Dead Revolver. I had it on PS2 but didn't play it very much. It was a lot shallower than RDRedemtion and wasn't open world. Or at least, the missions weren't. There were towns you could walk around, but that was it.

And you're right, the new RDR is far, far better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Uberman wrote:
Drifter wrote:

Isn't that a real game ? I think that's the orginal Red Dead Revolver. I had it on PS2 but didn't play it very much. It was a lot shallower than RDRedemtion and wasn't open world. Or at least, the missions weren't. There were towns you could walk around, but that was it.

And you're right, the new RDR is far, far better.

Yes, Red Dead Revolver is a real game, but the finished version looked and played very differently than what's shown in the above trailer.

Here's some gameplay, for reference.

Shallow or not, it's still a personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)   

Back to top Go down

The alpha and the omega. Games that could have been but never were (at least not the way we thought they would be)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1