Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)

Go down 
+6
Infant Shaker
Uberman
sexbad
MortalWombat
Casted
-drifter-
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
-drifter-

-drifter-

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Empty
PostSubject: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Is anyone else on this site artistically inclined? Have anything you'd like to show the rest of us? Post it here! I'm talking more in terms of visual arts, but other forms like music are fine too.

I used to have a pretty fair collection of sketches and digital paintings, but one day decided that I could do a lot better than I had been, and (in a move that was perhaps overkill) deleted all trace of my previous works and started again.

Currently I have only a single, recent sketch uploaded to my computer, so it'll have to do. I'll post more when there's more to post.

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Vincentmccaw_the-warrior
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Nice one.
I used to draw when i was 10.
I draw everything: comic book heroes, fantasy creatures, natire, portarits.
You can say thay i was gifted person. Everyone loved my works.
But when I was 14, my "gift" dissapeared and since then i couldn't draw anything, not a single picture.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Is there any way to transfer a sketch on paper onto your computer without scanning? I have some old drawings I used to do back when I enjoyed it, I'd like to upload those :)
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:38 pm

I used to draw when I was eleven or so, but it was basically the same drawing of one person over and over again and I never tried variety. I also did a little flash animation back then but I'm scared to look at it now. I still have a tablet sitting on my desk. I need to use it for something.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:38 am

MortalWombat wrote:
Is there any way to transfer a sketch on paper onto your computer without scanning? I have some old drawings I used to do back when I enjoyed it, I'd like to upload those :)
You can...well...use your camera.)
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:46 am

Drifter wrote:

Currently I have only a single, recent sketch uploaded to my computer, so it'll have to do. I'll post more when there's more to post.

That's damn good, I have to say.

There are two things that I'd really love to be able to do, that I can't. One is to be able to sing really well, and the other is to draw.

The perverse thing is that my mother and sister are both seriously good artists. My mother can draw and has some of her own oil paintings hung in her house and they're pretty good. My sister is a semi-professional artist. Not only is she a web designer, but she gets commissioned to draw things for people. To the point that she reduced her regular working hours to concentrate more on her art. It's hardly her most elaborate work, but she designed the RWEP skull logo at the top of this page.

Me ? I can't draw a stick figure with the right amount of legs. I've always been better with words than with pictures. I am a SHIT artist, and it always makes me jealous of you drawing types. I've always been a comic fan and if I could draw, I'd make kick-ass comics with loads of explosions and boobs and exploding boobs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:07 am

Uberman wrote:

I've always been a comic fan and if I could draw, I'd make kick-ass comics with loads of explosions and boobs and exploding boobs.

My wife can draw cool pictures and comics...and i'm a bit jelous abot that.
I'll try to draw something and i'm a bit nervous about that, so wish me luck)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:35 am

Ironically I hate art.

Art is for fags.

Unless there's boobs in it.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:19 am

That's a awesome drawing man, when I first came here, I didn't speak a word of english so most of my classes consisted of me drawing, I drew everything, guns, comics, video game characters, not that I liked to draw, it just helped pass the time. Then I went to 7th grade and boobs started popping up so all of a sudden I had something to entertain me.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 am

art wrote:
Ironically I hate art.

Art is for fags.

Yes, well, you hate everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 am

Drifter wrote:
art wrote:
Ironically I hate art.

Art is for fags.

Yes, well, you hate everything.

but I love you :')

I can't generally appreciate art for the sake of art. As another part of something, though, I suppose I can.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:15 am

My most recent work.

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Vincentmccaw_red-dead-cinema

What can I say? Clint's my idol and I love Red Dead Revolver.

MortalWombat wrote:

I think your only other option is to take a picture with a digital camera.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:00 am

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Vincentmccaw_the-twins_1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:33 am

looks newgroundsy
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:38 am

http://www.jesseweiman.com/photos.php

https://i.imgur.com/ojHuT.jpg?8070
https://i.imgur.com/Zu6yw.jpg?3096
https://i.imgur.com/RoRup.jpg?1808

I have tons others (I have a total of 3 or 4 thousand photos, but most of it is trash...) and i've yet to really get down on myself to organize and upload everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
grif264

grif264

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:41 am

Wow that's awesome where did you take those?
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:54 am

You mean the last three right?

Catskill Mountains, abandoned hotel (burnt down)
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 pm

art wrote:
looks newgroundsy

That makes sense, considering I posted it there as well.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 am

I like your style Drifter.
Very nice i must say.

Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 am

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Marshal

Just a quick digital sketch to hone my skills. Drawing with a mouse takes some practice.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:32 am

Drifter wrote:

Just a quick digital sketch to hone my skills. Drawing with a mouse takes some practice.
do you usually start with a base drawn sketch?
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:50 am

PunchFox wrote:
Drifter wrote:

do you usually start with a base drawn sketch?

You'll have to excuse me, I'm a bit of a retard. What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 am

said drawing with a mouse was hard, but you have other pieces here from before. Were those practice too?

I was asking if you drew by hand and scanned in first, and then drew over that with the previous ones. But I am probably just misinterpreting
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 am

PunchFox wrote:
I was asking if you drew by hand and scanned in first, and then drew over that with the previous ones.

No. All these drawings were done entirely on the computer (with the exception of the first one, obviously.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 am

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Highplainssquinter_red-dead-redone

I wasn't really satisfied with the results the first time around. This one looks a little more professional to me, and Clint Eastwood actually looks like Clint Eastwood.

Although I did just notice that I left out the scars. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)   Art (the creative endeavor, not the user) Empty

Back to top Go down

Art (the creative endeavor, not the user)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next