Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is there good software to send SMS from a PC?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Is there good software to send SMS from a PC? Empty
PostSubject: Is there good software to send SMS from a PC?   Is there good software to send SMS from a PC? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:33 am

Windows XP

I want something that has a number at which I can receive SMS text messages back, as well as send messages from it.

It can be pay, but I really don't want it to be pay-per-text.

Skype offers SMS services, but it's $0.112 per text message. That's $56 for 500 texts. That doesn't take too long to start wasting money pretty hard.

I could get unlimited SMS with T-mobile for $15... if I was the owner of my own cell phone plan (it's a family plan)

So I want to use the computer. Any help?

BTW: This is currently the only forum I visit. I've asked Yahoo answers. If anyone can't help me here, or knows somebody that can help, I'll go find a forum specifically for cell phone discussion etc. but I don't want to make a new account at a forum JUST to ask that question and leave
Back to top Go down
MeisterKleister

MeisterKleister

Is there good software to send SMS from a PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there good software to send SMS from a PC?   Is there good software to send SMS from a PC? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 am

Do you know about web sites providing a service of sending free SMS? The German web site I once used simply attached an ad to each SMS I sent and was limited to Germany.

I also hear it's possible to send free SMS via AIM.

I just googled the AIM thing.
Back to top Go down

Is there good software to send SMS from a PC?
Page 1 of 1