Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Let's Play thread

Go down 
+2
Uberman
sexbad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sexbad

sexbad

The Let's Play thread Empty
PostSubject: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 am

So anyone interested in doing LPs or is it just me

I have immense doubt in my humor, but I just started one.
It's for Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force and it can be found here.

So does LPing interest anyone else? People should try it. Go do it!
Go go go!
Feh whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:43 am

seriously

you're news anchor material

but nothing else
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:15 am

feh I say!

feh
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Not bad !

How are you recording your video and audio ? Are you doing them seperately and then joining them together later ? You have a bit of background hiss on your audio that could be easily filtered out if you're recording your audio seperately. If you want more info on how I do this, which I know is far from perfect on the RWEP vids, I can let you know.

Keep it going. And whatever happened to your reviews ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 am

I'll still review. I was planning to review this but realized I couldn't because I would be constantly debating between whether it's nostalgia or actually good game design that's making me love it.

I record my audio and video at the same time through fraps.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 am

Uberman wrote:
You have a bit of background hiss on your audio that could be easily filtered out if you're recording your audio seperately. If you want more info on how I do this, which I know is far from perfect on the RWEP vids, I can let you know.
Yo I would like to learn this secret. I'm going to be recording separately now (simultaneously in Audacity) since I had my mic turned off in Fraps for an entire set and it pissed me off really bad.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 am

*boredom warning for anyone not doing any sound recording*

With Audacity you want to choose a blank part of your track with no speaking / sounds or anything. Always record a blank period at the start or end of your track for this. Highlight a blank section of your track. Go to 'Effect' and choose 'Noise Removal' Step 1 'Get Noise Profile'. Then highlight the entire track, 'Effect', 'Noise Removal' again, step 2 try pushing the slider all the way left to 'Low' and then 'Remove Noise'.

HOWEVER !

This can sometimes add a weird high-pitched crackle to the track. If this happens, then highlight the entire track, 'Effects' and then 'Low Pass Filter'. This lets low frequencies through but filters out high frequencies. Set the value to about 10,000. This will leave all your voice in place but will filter out the high pitched crackle. It only quietens these sounds down though, it doesn't flat out cancel them. So you might want to run it three, four, five times. Whatever, until you listen to the track and it sounds clean.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 am

My Elite Force LP is still in the works but it's almost done, so I decided to start playing Chaser, an old obscure mediocre FPS that just showed up on Steam for five dollars. The first set along with the rest, which are soon to come, can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=50B4635FFE43FBD8
Back to top Go down
RacialKen

RacialKen

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 am

Sauteed Pig Testicles wrote:
So anyone interested in doing LPs or is it just me

I have immense doubt in my humor, but I just started one.
It's for Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force and it can be found here.

So does LPing interest anyone else? People should try it. Go do it!
Go go go!
Feh whatever.

Wow - I quite independently discovered your let's play series a couple of weekends ago. Nice coincidence.

I'm a sucker for let's play videos/articles. I enjoyed yours - I've never considered doing my own though.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 am

HOLY TRIAL-AND-ERROR STEALTH, BATMAN
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I would love to do one but I hate my voice. It sounds sort of weird.

Ask Art.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:43 am

Anyone can do a LP regardless of how boring their voice is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgCbzeIVlxU
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 am

Well yea, anyone can do one, doesn't mean it will be good though.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:41 am

I'm sure if you have a sense of humor it will be good at some parts. Do it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 am

He's not boring, he just sounds like a gremlin
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 am

Then definitely do it.

lo pan Lo Pan commands you!
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:53 am

I do consider myself pretty humorous. Besides, if I did a Let's Play, it would be a joint-LP with my special cuddly-wuddle-kins <3

Hi Art!
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:53 am

srsly, Art, wanna do a co-op LP?
Back to top Go down
Izanagi_the fool

Izanagi_the fool

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 pm

I really want to do a Let's Play of Mega Man. I have been playing those games for years and it's just freakin awesome. If I was to make it a regular thing I would probably focus on old school games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Izanagi_the fool wrote:
I really want to do a Let's Play of Mega Man. I have been playing those games for years and it's just freakin awesome. If I was to make it a regular thing I would probably focus on old school games.

everyone does that
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Izanagi_the fool wrote:

Give it a go. You never know how it'll turn out until you try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 am

ban spt for putting this in the wrong forum when this was still in the right forum
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:10 pm

I'd like to, but I don't think my mic works. I'll check it out, assuming any of you are still doing this kind of thing.

EDIT: I'd like to join a let's play, that is, not ban art.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:02 am

While I'm not entirely opposed, I can't guarantee anything either. My schedule is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Let's Play thread   The Let's Play thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Let's Play thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: