Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bioshock: Infinite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Bioshock: Infinite Empty
PostSubject: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 am

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/08/12/bioshock-infinite-trailer-screenshots-and-details-from-our-first-look/
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/video-interview-ken-levine-on-bioshock-infinite/

This looks like it's going to be better than the original Bioshock.

I honestly never wanted to play Bioshock 2. In fact, I feel the same way about Bioshock 2 as I do about Metal Gear Solid 2. It shouldn't exist. Not story-wise. Maybe the gameplay's fine, I don't know, but I feel like Bioshock's story is fine the way it is without any sequels or prequels.

But this looks like it's going to be great.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 am

I feel odd saying this since I never actually got System Shock 2 to work on my computer (ever) but BioShock was just simply that minus a whole ton of character customization. BI could be actually creative but it may just be another retread of the exact same story, just instead of in space or underwater, now it's in the sky!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 am

Sauteed Pig Testicles wrote:
I feel odd saying this since I never actually got System Shock 2 to work on my computer (ever) but BioShock was just simply that minus a whole ton of character customization. BI could be actually creative but it may just be another retread of the exact same story, just instead of in space or underwater, now it's in the sky!

You didn't click either of my links did you.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 am

Those links definitely weren't there when I first posted. I already saw the trailer, however. I'm watching the interview now.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Interesting stuff. The reason I'm surprised by this is that the ending of Bioshock 2 fully set itself up for a continuation of the storyline but on land. So I thought 'Oh, so that'll be the new direction then, out of the water and up on the land.' Insteada it looks like they've gone in a completely new direction instead. Looks great, but of course far, far too early to say that yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Uberman wrote:
Interesting stuff. The reason I'm surprised by this is that the ending of Bioshock 2 fully set itself up for a continuation of the storyline but on land. So I thought 'Oh, so that'll be the new direction then, out of the water and up on the land.' Insteada it looks like they've gone in a completely new direction instead. Looks great, but of course far, far too early to say that yet.

From what I can tell, they are trying to make a game as far away from Bioshock 1 as possible while still being able to cash in on the Bioshock name. This is set in 1912 or some such, which is earlier than Bioshock 1, and the story is completely unrelated and not connected at all. The floating city of columbia isn't a secret utopia like Rapture either, it's a public show of technological prowess.

This is going to be a different and better experience.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:57 pm

The reason Bioshock 2 seems inferior to the original was because they had different developers.

Whatever, Infinite looks promising.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:56 am

I never really played Bioshock, I might pick it up later.
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Bioshock 1 was the SHIT!!! Awesome city, scary moments and great atmosphere!
Bioshock 2, on the other hand, was just... shit ( as MortalWombat said, different developers) I think the main flaw, was that you WERE a Big Daddy... There was no element of fear when you confronted 10 splicers, or even another Big Daddy! I never finished Bioshock 2...
Bioshock Infinite looks AMAZING, though :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite   Bioshock: Infinite Empty

Back to top Go down

Bioshock: Infinite
Page 1 of 1