Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dumb identity thieves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sexbad

sexbad

dumb identity thieves Empty
PostSubject: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 pm

So I tried to check my email today on gmail and it said that I needed to verify my account involving a short (read: excruciatingly unnecessary) process with a code sent to my phone. That went all well and good, but it said that they detected some suspicious activity on my account, which is why they needed verification and crap.

So it turns out that someone is trying to use my email address for a Battle.net account. Who knows what else of mine (or someone else's) they are trying to steal... Unfortunately for me the support phone isn't on during the weekend so I'll have to call Blizzard tomorrow to cancel this turd of his account. He probably should have hidden it better.

Anyone else ever get their identity stolen?
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:39 am

Not per se, but someone did use my e-mail address for an acocunt on the PS3 live thingie, whatever it's called. Didn't affect me, it's not like I had to pay or anything, but I kept getting updates for a while before whoever it was must have realised and changed the address. Someone with a similar name to mine I guess ? I may never know. Anyway, not exactly 'identity theft', more like a screwup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 pm

I signed up my Latin teacher's email to receive free monthly newsletters from a philosophical website.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 am

my debit card recently crapped out because the bank insisted that i canceled it and ordered/activated a new one.

but apparently that has nothing to do with identity theft

my mom has a doppleganger floating around. She has the same exact name, and on two entirely separate occasions, by pure coincidence, it caused a mix up. Sort of funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 am

Actually, the thing with the Battle.net account must be a completely unrelated incident, because I got a notification on gmail saying my account was accessed in Malaysia.

Password changed.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 am

you should probably do a virus scan
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 am

good idea!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 am

PunchFox wrote:

my mom has a doppleganger floating around. She has the same exact name, and on two entirely separate occasions, by pure coincidence, it caused a mix up. Sort of funny

An evil twin ? Or is your mother the evil one ? On a scale of one to seventeen, how evil is your mother ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 am

sqrt(-23)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dumb identity thieves   dumb identity thieves Empty

Back to top Go down

dumb identity thieves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Everything Else-
Jump to: