A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Fallout: New Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
art



Posts : 134
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Fallout: New Vegas   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:15 pm

It's out now.

My first impression? Game of the year. I am honestly very pleased with Fallout New Vegas.

I LOVED Fallout 3, but I do not deny it was lacking. It wasn't as immersive as it could be, and admittedly it felt barren even in the towns. New Vegas seems to fix this!

Right away I see hints at the ability to modify weapons, cook food, create medicine with a chemical set, and all sorts of things that were only possible through mods in Fallout 3. Not only that, but the "hardcore" mode creates a larger sense of immersion, with the need to eat, drink, and sleep.

I have only played the introduction but I'm very pleased.

As an added bonus, it runs TWICE AS GOOD ON MY COMPUTER AS FALLOUT 3 DID. It's optimized, and it's overall better in every way. The initial cutscene is pre-rendered, so it's not a strain on my poor computer, and the introduction is somewhat clever (filling out medical forms to decide your class).

This is no official review, but so far I think this is a great game. I'm incredibly excited to play it further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Infant Shaker



Posts : 230
Join date : 2010-03-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm very disappointed I won't be playing it. I recently I played FO3 and I've been in love with it ever since. Money issues FTL...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
art



Posts : 134
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Infant Shaker wrote:
I'm very disappointed I won't be playing it. I recently I played FO3 and I've been in love with it ever since. Money issues FTL...

so torrent it duh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-drifter-



Posts : 543
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 24
Location : British Columbia, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 am

art wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:
I'm very disappointed I won't be playing it. I recently I played FO3 and I've been in love with it ever since. Money issues FTL...

so torrent it duh

THIS IS THE CYBER POLICE, PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!

In all seriousness, I'd only consider torrenting because I don't have a DVD drive, and then only if Skullptura did a rip of it. Trying to download from anyone else is just a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
art



Posts : 134
Join date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 am

Drifter wrote:
art wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:
I'm very disappointed I won't be playing it. I recently I played FO3 and I've been in love with it ever since. Money issues FTL...

so torrent it duh

THIS IS THE CYBER POLICE, PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!

In all seriousness, I'd only consider torrenting because I don't have a DVD drive, and then only if Skullptura did a rip of it. Trying to download from anyone else is just a pain in the ass.

I don't think you understand how any of this works. I doubt Skullptura will even touch it, they don't do any games with Steamworks. You want SKiDROW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fallout: New Vegas   Today at 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Fallout: New Vegas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Fallout New Vegas Mods
» (SOLVED) Visual C++ runtime error, not letting me play Fallout New Vegas
» 1st-person or 3rd-person view in Fallout New Vegas?
» Fallout new vegas 4GB not working?
» Fallout New Vegas & 3 - What are the best graphical mods and ENBs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: