Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uberman, I'm deeply sorry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
art

art

Uberman, I'm deeply sorry Empty
PostSubject: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 am

but I stopped watching your videos.

DON'T LASH OUT AT ME
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 am

*kicks art in the balls*

HOW DARE YOU !

Actually that's OK. The RWEP viewership is on the rise again. It's been a long fight back from having the channel erased by fucking YouTube but it seems to be on the mend. Nowhere near the numbers it used to get, but increasing. So I don't NEED you art.

*wipes tear from eye*

Anyway, you make a larger contribution by posting here on the forums. The more important question though, in terms of quality control, is why not ? Theyre not funny any more ? If not, why not ? Honest feedback is the only way I can improve the vids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
art

art

PostSubject: Re: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 am

Uberman wrote:
*kicks art in the balls*

HOW DARE YOU !

Actually that's OK. The RWEP viewership is on the rise again. It's been a long fight back from having the channel erased by fucking YouTube but it seems to be on the mend. Nowhere near the numbers it used to get, but increasing. So I don't NEED you art.

*wipes tear from eye*

Anyway, you make a larger contribution by posting here on the forums. The more important question though, in terms of quality control, is why not ? Theyre not funny any more ? If not, why not ? Honest feedback is the only way I can improve the vids.

I started watching it because I saw videos for games I liked, and was wanting to hear a satirical review of them. But I don't keep up with upcoming games as much any more, so they aren't as relevant to me.

I think if you want more viewers you should have another series of videos with the same satirical spirit to them but not solely about upcoming games that are overly hyped.

Something I thought of doing once (but never did because I have a mad microphone and rarely get the chance to record) was reviewing old games by today's standards.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 am

It's in interesting point you bring up. However, I think (without any kind of proof whatsoever) that most of my viewers are people who accidentally find my vids while looking for actual reviews. As such, the largest viewership comes from a connection to overhyped games.

Let's say you made a video about Alex Kid In Miracle World. How would people find it ? Because when you make a Halo vid, the tags link it to all other Halo vids and Halo fans whill probably run across it soomer or later. But if your tags are 'Alex Kid In Miracle World' or 'SNES' you'll probably get less. Actually, 'SNES' might get you some views.

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you here, I think this is a real obstacle. I've thought of another couple of video projects I'd have a stab at, but then I always wonder how anyone would find them in the massive wash of videos that flood YouTube and the internet in general every day.I guess the simple answer is to do it for yourself and not worry about anyone actually finding / viewing it. But to be honest, I get a lot of motivation from the fact that people actually end up watching something I've put time and effort into, even if they end up not liking it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
art

art

PostSubject: Re: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Uberman wrote:
It's in interesting point you bring up. However, I think (without any kind of proof whatsoever) that most of my viewers are people who accidentally find my vids while looking for actual reviews. As such, the largest viewership comes from a connection to overhyped games.

Let's say you made a video about Alex Kid In Miracle World. How would people find it ? Because when you make a Halo vid, the tags link it to all other Halo vids and Halo fans whill probably run across it soomer or later. But if your tags are 'Alex Kid In Miracle World' or 'SNES' you'll probably get less. Actually, 'SNES' might get you some views.

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you here, I think this is a real obstacle. I've thought of another couple of video projects I'd have a stab at, but then I always wonder how anyone would find them in the massive wash of videos that flood YouTube and the internet in general every day.I guess the simple answer is to do it for yourself and not worry about anyone actually finding / viewing it. But to be honest, I get a lot of motivation from the fact that people actually end up watching something I've put time and effort into, even if they end up not liking it.

For your first few videos do some really popular video games that everyone knows about and common search features. Then, after that, make videos of games you've played that DON'T have many videos on youtube.

So after you've made the initial "popular to grab the majority's attention" videos, think of some old and somewhat obscure games that you and maybe three other people in the world have ever played and review those games. On a whim some day some fellow might be on youtube and suddenly have an urge to look up the name of their favorite childhood game that nobody played and see only three videos that actually relate to it, yours included. Then you have a viewer4lief
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uberman, I'm deeply sorry   Uberman, I'm deeply sorry Empty

Back to top Go down

Uberman, I'm deeply sorry
Page 1 of 1