Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repo Men: Before, During, and After

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Repo Men: Before, During, and After Empty
PostSubject: Repo Men: Before, During, and After   Repo Men: Before, During, and After EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 am

before we even start, let it be known I don't write reviews. I'm bad at writing reviews. I'm just writing my honest opinion and not editing or proofreading. If you're paranoid about someone spoiling this movie for you, don't read it. There's a chance I accidentally let something slip. I also didn't talk about everything and I have neglected to mention some things and have also mentioned some things out of order and out of place... if you are looking for a comprehensive "reading this review is like watching the movie" type of post, you will not find that either.

Before:
From previews and movie descriptions, trailers and hype, I thought it was going to be just another generic action flick. I thought it was going to be alright for a generic action movie but nothing more than that, a B Action film. Needless to say, I was WRONG.

From here on out, I will separate this into "Spoiler Free," "Minor Spoilers," and "Major Plot Spoilers." If you don't plan to see the movie, feel free to read the major plot spoiler version.

Spoiler Free:
From the trailer alone you can tell that the Repo Men are heartless bastards, but the movie starts off with a bang. Right from the beginning you are given a scientific mystery, a metaphor for the rest of the movie. The main character talks about a scientist who performed experiments on a cat using poison. It goes from there very amazingly.

Remy and Jake, the main characters, are Repo Men. They work for The Union. This is all cleverly named, I know. The union sells mechanical organs to people. If people miss a payment, they have 96 days to make up the payment before the Repo Men come in and repossess the organ.

The movie portrays Remy, at first, a heartless selfish bastard with love only for himself, his family, and his friend. He'll cut anyone up if it's a job. After all, "A job's a job." That phrase, by the way (A Job's a Job) is repeated pretty skillfully throughout the movie.

It's more than just a generic Action movie. It is a really moving film. I consider it the 2010 equivalent of (if not even better than) Minority Report. It mixes drama and action perfectly. I was never bored during any part of the film. There was never a single moment in the movie I was able to say to myself "well this will go on for a while, I might as well go to the restroom."

By the time the movie was over I was absolutely and completely engrossed. The twist at the end was fantastic, and incredibly well played. This movie definitely makes my Top 5 of all time list.

This movie is interesting and nuts. I recommend it.

Minor Spoilers, scroll down:

Sorry if I accidentally spoiled anything for you!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Repo Men: Before, During, and After   Repo Men: Before, During, and After EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry, but I'm really looking forward to this movie so I'm not going to read your post until I do. I'll come back to it though ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Repo Men: Before, During, and After   Repo Men: Before, During, and After EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 am

I've been reading at a lot of places that this movie borrows ideas from a lot of other sci-fi movies...

Yeah. Every movie in hollywood does that. I'm not sure what's wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repo Men: Before, During, and After   Repo Men: Before, During, and After Empty

Back to top Go down

Repo Men: Before, During, and After
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Everything Else-
Jump to: