Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mortal kombat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Mortal kombat Empty
PostSubject: Mortal kombat   Mortal kombat EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:15 am

So the game is a released game now. I bought it and I dont regret it. Its a good fighter. It gets frustrating at times, espessially in the story mode, since you cant choose who you fight as in this mode. Basicly you play as different charachters during the first three tournaments. I dont know anything about the story in those games, but this is an alternate timeline.....or something. It gets silly but it knows it.

Another anoing thing is that the ai gets very cheap at times, spamming the same attacks when it has you trapped in a "corner" some times. The bosses(shau khan and goro for example) are practicly unfairly hard to kill, with uninterupptable attacks, moves that takes your whole life away and so on. But then again, they are supposed to be hard to kill.

The thing I like is the gameplay. The super meter is a great idea, experimenting with combos is fun, and I personally think the combat is easy to understand and fun to master. I have only played the offline modes, since the damn psn has been hacked, but so far so good.

And there is A LOT of extra (K)content in the game. You have extra fatalitys and costumes to buy, and a chalenge tower. I havent done much of the extra things, but there is a lot of it.

Basicly this is far better than any othe fighter Ive played.
.................................................................................................................

Pheh. Wrote a lot there. This is not a review of the game btw. I think I will write one when I have finished the story and played the online.

Any of you bought the game?

Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Mortal kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal kombat   Mortal kombat EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:01 am

I saw it was out and thought about it. But basically I don't like fighting games that much. Why not ? Probably because I'm pretty horrible at them. I'm a button masher and find it hard to get past the first few levels of any fighter.

That said, I do like the Mortal Kombat series, if I like any fighters at all. I will be interested to see your full review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Mortal kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal kombat   Mortal kombat EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:15 am

I dont know anything about the old mortal kombat games. So this game might be completely different from those as far as I know. To me it does what other fighters do- you choose who to fight as, learn a few of the fighters moves and fight. This just does it better, since there is some strategy involved when you mix combos,super moves and x-rays. I dont think its for the buttonmashers really.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Mortal kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal kombat   Mortal kombat EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:12 am

Online is back for the ps3. Yay.

So far my online mk experience isnt very nice. Its very very laggy, half of the time I cant even join a match, or I disconnect from it mid-fight. 30% of players spams the same special attack over and over again, 30% of the players only knows about 3 combos, wich they do over and over and over again....

The remaining 40 % of the matchess i have played were very enjoyable though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mortal kombat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal kombat   Mortal kombat Empty

Back to top Go down

Mortal kombat
Page 1 of 1