Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978 Empty
PostSubject: The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978   The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 am

Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978   The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 am

It's bad, sure. Worse thatn not doing it. But ...

Legislation for pretty much anything on the internet is notoriously difficult to enforce. Look at torrenting. This is not even really a grey area, I think wether you do it or not pretty much everyone agrees that it is some form of media piracy. Or 99% of it is anyway, there are a few legal torrents.

But look at what happens when they try to prosecute. Not only is it nigh on impossible to get anyone into court and nail them down for what they've done, but anyone who tries immediately looks like Big Brother and is branded an asshole. Publicity no one wants.

So even if the US creates legislation that allows Capcom to sue some kid for uploading some massive Streefighter combo, would they actually do so ? To what end ? Not only is it shit publicity and not only would they make no real financial gain, but I think most companies can see that these uploads are actually GOOD publicity. Not only that, but it's completely free too.

As for RWEP, I don't live in the US, so Uncle Sam can chug on my horrible hanging hog. If YouTube won't host, I'll find somewhere else that does.

Again, not a good thing but I don't see it having any actual, practical effect even if it does pass. Hope I'm not wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Grafit Ark

PostSubject: Re: The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978   The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 am

Meh, I don't care just 'cause I don't live in the U.S. of A. so screw you guys I'm going home!
Ok... that was kinda stupid. But for realz it would suck monkey balls 'cause that's my favorite thing to watch and if it's banned is U.S.A. I'll get fucked because that is the main "producer" of this content.
I do this for lo pan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978   The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Awesomeness of Bill S. 978
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Everything Else-
Jump to: