Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? Empty
PostSubject: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 am

No reviews Ive ever seen has used a 1 when reviewing a bad game. I think the lowest score Ive seen is 2 or 3, wich makes me wonder how bad a game needs to be in order to get a 1. Like, the game would need to be so bad that your brain crawled out of your ear and started to tear out your eyes while it strangled itself with your spine.

Really, have anyone seen a game get a 1 or know of a game that should?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 am

Most review sites try to rate games like assignments in schools (American schools, at least). For some reason bad games tend to get ratings like 5 or 6 out of 10 because 5 is considered failing. If there's anything they should change, it's the meaning of these ratings. 5 should be average or okay, less should be bad, and more should be good. The only game I know of that has had a 1 rating is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. This is of course because it's just a broken mess that didn't finish development. If it did, finish development, it would probably be a 4 instead of a 1.

That said, I don't believe in ratings anyway because I don't think it's particularly healthy to sum up a multi-hour-long experience in one number. And there's no real reason to calculate just how shitty something is compared to another, because you simply shouldn't waste your time with anything shitty. After all, both 1 and 4 out of 10 don't sound appealing at all. BUT, there are some games that I believe deserve no credit whatsoever. If I did score, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, SiN Episodes: Emergence, Kane and Lynch 2, and Star Trek: Elite Force II would all be downright 1s.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 am

Sexbad said everything I wanted to say :(

I gues sthe question is - what are the worst games you've ever played ?

I agree with the Big Rigs example, it'd have to be something that's either broken or simply awful. Just for recent times and the X360, my picks would be Kane and Lynch 1 and 2 and the entire Dynasty Warriors series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 am

Also Scribblenauts. You thought I'd forgotten about you, Scribblenauts.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 am

Call of Juarez: the Cartel...the game is just a booo-fucking-hooo.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 pm

sexbad wrote:
Also Scribblenauts. You thought I'd forgotten about you, Scribblenauts.

Really ? I like Scribblenauts, I think it's quite clever. And it is made for kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:15 pm

My personal hate is Advent Rising.
Story of humanity's extinction gone bad.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:43 pm

I thought Scribblenauts was terrible. It has a fine idea, but EVERYTHING about the physics is shit. I found myself attempting to build all kinds of perfectly reasonable contraptions only to have them flail around like corpses in Dead Space and accomplish fuck-all. I remember finding a level full of spikes and trying to make boards that could balance on top of them, but physically, the spikes weren't spikes, but rather trigger_hurts that would destroy anything that touched them. I also remember having massive issues with controlling my character. I'd be pointing him toward a slightly high wall and he'd just be stuck somewhere running and jumping in place like a moron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?   Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores? Empty

Back to top Go down

Know any games that deserves a 1 in review scores?
Page 1 of 1