Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Internet Browsers

Go down 
+3
Casted
AnonymousAdam
Uberman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

I use Internet Explorer.

Now, for some reason this is the bottom of the heap of internet browsers and always gets ragged on by people who use 'better' browsers like Firefox, Opera etc etc.

My question is - why ?

IE does everything I want it to. It has tabbed browsing, can access all sites and all content as far as I can tell, supports Flash. What is it that I am supposedly missing out on ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: I dont know nothing about kumputers.....   Internet Browsers EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

I use internet explorer as well. I used to use firefox, but apparently it fucked something up(dont ask me, ask the computer support guys) so they deleted it.

Not that I really noticed a difference honestly...
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 am

I use firefox because...hell if I know.
I ve been using it since time immemorial.
This thing I don't like about IE...damn. There was a huge article on that topic in PC magazine and it explained a lot...but I forgot it.
Back to top Go down
Grafit Ark

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm

I use Firefox, Safari and Opera..oh and chroome. I generally use FF but use Opera for flash games and the other two for "other" things.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Grafit wrote:
I use Firefox, Safari and Opera..oh and chroome. I generally use FF but use Opera for flash games and the other two for "other" things.
Safari is nice name for somthing that is used to hunt "something"
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 am

Firefox. Mainly because of security reasons. Apparently, a lot of malicious scripts etc are made for IE, since it is the most popular browser. Much like most viruses and worms are designed to breach Windows-based systems. By choosing another browser your system is more secure. Simple.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:46 am

I use Chrome. It's pretty simple and well designed, and has some nice features.
Back to top Go down
art

art

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Firefox is far more extensible and uses less resources than IE.

Firefox still uses a lot of resources, so if you're going to alt-tab or play a windowed game you should use Chrome, Opera, or a stripped down Firefox-based browser like K-Meleon.

IE is also proprietary. Just because it comes with your copy of windows doesn't negate that. People hate on IE because it's not free and the source code isn't readily available for use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Internet Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internet Browsers   Internet Browsers Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet Browsers
Page 1 of 1