Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste Empty
PostSubject: movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste   movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 am

IMDB ratings and people at work/school do not have the same taste as myself, because I am a strange person and so have strange taste.

ITT we discuss our favorite things (movies/interactive movies/video games) that other people around us just do not seem to enjoy nearly as much as we do. Alt. we can discuss how stupid other people are for liking something that we could not possibly find enjoyable.

Here's my favorites lists. They are both incomplete because I have bad memory and do not include things I have not seen/played. Something to note is that instead of listing multiple versions or sequels of games, I just separated subtitles and numbers with a slash.

My favorite movies:

Comedy: Date Night, Happy Gilmore, Princess Bride
Sci-fi: Minority Report, Pandorum, Repo Men, The Island
Action/Drama: Law Abiding Citizen, Sherlock Holmes, Shutter Island
RomCom: While You Were Sleeping
Overall, In Order: Date Night, Princess Bride, Minority Report, Repo Men, Law Abiding Citizen

Most Recently Watched: Date Night

Favorite Games:
RPG/SRPG/JRPG: Jade Empire, Star Wars KOTOR/2, Phantom Brave, Tales of Symphonia/2, Fallout 3
FPS: Bioshock, Halo/PC, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Marathon, F.E.A.R./Files/Extraction Point, Battlefield: Bad Company, Shadowrun
Non-FPS Shooter: Red Faction Guerrilla, Killzone: Liberation, Dead Space, Dead Space: Extraction, Resident Evil 4
Strategy/Simulation: Armored Core 3, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, The Sims, MySims
Racing: Burnout: Legends
Platformer: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Arcade: Mario Bros., Tetris
Other: Mirror's Edge, Beautiful Katamari, Pokemon Emerald
Overall, In Order: Tetris, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, Mirror's Edge, F.E.A.R., Phantom Brave

Most Recently Played
: Armored Core 3 (PSP)

I am making this topic because we are all on this forum for the same reason, and that is to suck uberman's dick discuss video games. We share that in common. We're all gamers. Gamers will like videogames/movies that other gamers enjoy. I am hoping that people will post their favorites list and their top 5s so that I can find some new things to enjoy and further relate to members on this site.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste   movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Hmmm hard to think right now.

Top 5 movies :
1. THE BLUES BROTHERS
2. Memento
3. Bladerunner
4. Revenge of the Nerds
5. Reservior Dogs

Games :
Soooooo many. I love games (no secret), and have played a lot. A LOT, lot. But if you want odd recommendations ;

Katamari Damacy - better known now, but when it came out the originality and oddness of this game blew my mind.

Culdcept - On PS2 and a new one on XBOX360 (Engllish ?). Monopoly meets a fantasy card battler.

Metal Gear Acid - PSP, again, an odd way of including card battling into another genre.

Dwarf Fortress - PC and completely FREE ! ASCII graphics only and one of the steepest learning curves I've ever come across . Honestly, unplayable when you're starting out unless you refer to the online Wiki. But if you can start to figure it out, you'll find your self playing something totally amazing. If anyone plays this already or starts playing it - let me know.
Get it - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Resonance of Fate - XBOX360, new RPG. A bit grindy but a new and unique battle system, worth looking at.

Cliff Hanger - C64, one for the oldies. You play a stunt man. You can find it on emulators.

The Bard's Tale - C64, no, not the action RPG remake. This is the original, my favourite old skool RPG.

More will come to be in time. My brains are slow. Also, some very new and original things happen in the Flash gaming world, along with lots of generic crap. But I always keep an eye on www.kongregate.com for hidden gems. If anyone wants to add me, my username is uberman77.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste   movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 am

Dwarf Fortress was always way too over my head. I played nethack for a bit, though.

And as far as the Katamari games go, I think Beautiful Katamari is more over the top than any of the others. In that game you eventually end up rolling up the entire solar system and using it to plug a black hole.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste   movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

For my movies I have:

1. Seven, a thriller about a serial killer basing the 7 deadly sins (gluttony, greed, lust etc) for his murders.

2. The 6th Sense, a great great movie

3. Drag me to hell, the scenes where just plain awesome

4. Goodfellas, based on a italian gangster.

5. The Godfather
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste   movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste Empty

Back to top Go down

movie/videogame topic for weird people with odd taste
Page 1 of 1