Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Medal of Honor

Go down 
+4
Infant Shaker
EpicBox
sexbad
AHungryTurtle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Ive known about the new moh game for a while, just watched the trailer again, and... well... it looks pretty terrible :|
I LOVED MoH Airborne, and EA and many other of the moh that I played as my first real FPSs... Tell me what you guys think, and Uberman, a RWEP on MoH would be awesome! XD
Thanks
-Ben
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 am

I hated MoHAA for its perfect aiming enemy AI, especially how they could see you a mile away through thick fog. I played Airborne as well and didn't love it but it was pretty damn fun, regardless of the enemies still being pretty thick. I still think that the best WWII shooter is CoD1, which was made by roughly the same people as MoHAA anyway, and it's barely different.

The new one looks cinematic, but that's all I can tell from the trailer which is mostly set pieces and very little, possibly no actual gameplay, so it will probably just be Call of Duty 2010, part 1, the other Call of Duty 2010 being an actual Call of Duty game.
Back to top Go down
EpicBox

EpicBox

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 pm

If the story and characters are good (which the trailers suggest) then this could possibly be the best shooter this gen. I'm really interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Wow, I really want this game now, if you preorder it, you get a code to play the multiplayer beta until it comes out.
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 am

Ok, ok... It's about time this thread was dug up again! The beta is out, whadda people think of the gameplay? I've seen some videos on youtube of people playing...
You guys seem to like it, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna say it looks pretty shit... It's like they tried to mix BFBC2 with a more close quarters shooter like MW2! The mix doesn't go so well :|
Now, I'm no MW2 fanboy, in fact, most of the time I HATE it (it's probably the most aggravating game in existence!) BUT, the fact that MoH has gun attachments that look EXACTLY the same as MW2's, AND the fact there's a Predator Missile, seems kinda try-hard to me :S
And then, the engine is the same as BFBC2's engine, but I think it's kind of gone to waste, with the absence of (correct me if I'm wrong) huge maps, and destructible environments...
I won't be getting it, it'd save more money for me to weld my MW2 and BFBC2 discs together ;)

Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:23 am

Another MoH!?
Oh God!
Make love not war!
P.S Any specifics on new gameplay features?)
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:53 am

Regular war-based shooter fare as far as I can understand it. Maybe there's some fancy gimmicks but nothing as noticeable as BC2's destruction.

No lean, I'm guessing?
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeah, looks the bastard child of MW2 and BC2. They're making the Frostbite engine do everything it's crap at, for instance, CQB.
An example of how shit the combination of the two games are is the knife. It has about the same speed as the MW2 knife but the same animation as the BC2 knife. Result: an jerky, awkward semi-lunge that looks like it's wielded by a Tourette diagnosed schizophrenic.
Casted wrote:
Make love not war!
You should play this game!
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 pm

War and love was a joke actually but the game you recomended looks interesing) I love indy type games.
I ll try it someday.
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:10 pm

MortalWombat wrote:
Yeah, looks the bastard child of MW2 and BC2. They're making the Frostbite engine do everything it's crap at, for instance, CQB.
An example of how shit the combination of the two games are is the knife. It has about the same speed as the MW2 knife but the same animation as the BC2 knife. Result: an jerky, awkward semi-lunge that looks like it's wielded by a Tourette diagnosed schizophrenic.
Casted wrote:
Make love not war!
You should play this game!
What... the fuck?
Back to top Go down
EpicBox

EpicBox

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am

Flower is an awesome game!

Anyway, MOH has slipped off my radar a bit. Looks too generic compared to everything else I'm hyping for. I'm sick of FPSs.
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

EpicBox wrote:
Flower is an awesome game!

Anyway, MOH has slipped off my radar a bit. Looks too generic compared to everything else I'm hyping for. I'm sick of FPSs.
Yeah, I'm kind of over these games being overhyped and compared... It seems that EVERY FPS is compared to MW2! BFBC2, MoH, even Operation Flashpoint for fucks sake (They're completely different sub-genres of FPS)! I'm over the hype, only thing I'm looking forward to is Halo Reach and Dead Rising 2 :D
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 pm

MoH looks pretty solid, pretty similar to BFBC2.
Back to top Go down
Muppet

Muppet

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Fucks me over   Medal of Honor EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Any game that you can get gay kill streaks with predator missiles that can kill people without them having a decent chance fucks me over TBH. Why i like CS:S and CS 1.6 ;)
The new MOH looks like its trying to get into the mainstream market by trying to be a new COD, but it will never beat it as COD is what every little 10 yr olds friend has. Also i agree on the trailer being cinematic so you get kids going "OMFG looks so cool i bet when you play it, it will have random DM respawn, overpowered guns with no recoil, ep1c ranks and presteiges so i can look cool".

My 2 cents

Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Muppet wrote:
Any game that you can get gay kill streaks with predator missiles that can kill people without them having a decent chance fucks me over TBH. Why i like CS:S and CS 1.6 ;)
The new MOH looks like its trying to get into the mainstream market by trying to be a new COD, but it will never beat it as COD is what every little 10 yr olds friend has. Also i agree on the trailer being cinematic so you get kids going "OMFG looks so cool i bet when you play it, it will have random DM respawn, overpowered guns with no recoil, ep1c ranks and presteiges so i can look cool".

My 2 cents
*nods head in agreement*
Back to top Go down
EpicBox

EpicBox

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I played MOH at the Eurogamer expo in London, and I have to say I am actually quite impressed. The multiplayer was extremely fun.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:46 am

Not too enthusiastic about it myself. To me it looks like a cross between Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2, which probably makes it the most generic game ever. Besides, the "realistic" (sarcastic air quotes) military shooter genre is really getting tiresome.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 am

Played the open beta for a while, wasn't impressed. I did like how it had authentic-sounding chatter though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: