Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just beat Tales of Vesperia

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I just beat Tales of Vesperia Empty
PostSubject: I just beat Tales of Vesperia   I just beat Tales of Vesperia EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:01 am

I don't know if any of you have ever had the patience to spend 40+ hours on a single player, story-based game before having grown up in the age of Halo and Call of Duty and what-not... but it is a great feeling. I feel accomplished. That was a trial.

Even better is I'm gonna go through it again next weekend with my friend.

Now I can dedicate all my free time to completing three runs through Metal Gear Solid. One for memory's sake, one for stealth camo, and one for the bandana.

OH YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I just beat Tales of Vesperia   I just beat Tales of Vesperia EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Ah yes, the bittersweet feeling of finishing a long game that you've enjoyed. The joy and sense of accomplishment from having won, but the slight sting as you realise there's no more game (unless you replay). A very fine feeling, one of the reasons why I game.

Congratulations. Do you have a PS2 ? You could go back to an earlier 'Tales' incarnation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: I just beat Tales of Vesperia   I just beat Tales of Vesperia EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:01 am

No PS2. I have a wii with homebrew, a psp with homebrew, and a non-homebrew xbox 360 and that's it.

I could finish up the last 20% on all of my 80% finished games. Generally when I'm done with the main story I am done with the game, as the story is almost always the only driving factor.

Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of exploring DURING the story, but after the main story is done I typically can't find the motivation to return and find every hidden thing.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I just beat Tales of Vesperia   I just beat Tales of Vesperia EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Ditto. Sometimes I lie to myself, saying 'oh I'll take a look at that after I'm done'. Nah, there's always something else to play.

Case in point - Just Cause 2. I finished the game with only 30% overall completion. Part of me wouldn't mind going back, blowing some shit up, doing races and so on. But now that the story is finished, it feels kind of pointless despite the fact that I might enjoy myself. Now I say it like that it sounds kind of weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just beat Tales of Vesperia   I just beat Tales of Vesperia Empty

Back to top Go down

I just beat Tales of Vesperia
Page 1 of 1