Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

F.E.A.R. 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:29 am

Well.
This is the third part of the game (not counting add-on).
Not much is known about this game except the fact that you play as The Point Man from original FEAR and your faithfull companion Paxton Fettel who is TPM's brother.
Ah...brotherly love.)
So anyway, HERE is some additional about the game and other stuf.
TRAILER 1, TRAILER 2
GAMEPLAY 1, GAMEPLAY 2
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am

I went into the first during my gaming infancy expecting and hoping for (from all the reviews) a pretty freaking scary game with some smart combat AI. What I found was incredibly bland environments with some blood splatters, jump scares, and a little girl who pops up once in a while and makes the lights flicker on and off. I also don't know what everyone else was on but found the AI to be remarkably retarded. They jumped over rails and ran away when hurt, but I also was disappointed that there was no stealth and their pathfinding ended up being rather random (whenever they flanked or tried to flank it was an accident because they definitely didn't do it often) and for some reason they liked to throw their grenades in random directions or just drop them and blow themselves to bits.

FEAR 2 definitely made some improvements but in the process became just like every other scripted shooter and their dog, and I'm not sure whether that gained something or lost something. But they tried even less with the horror and ended up putting in quick time events. Environments were more colorful though.
Back to top Go down

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 am

Snowflake wrote:
blah blah blah
i hate video games

Stop changing your name, kid. And stop writing long drawn-out posts saying you hate video games. Say something positive or just leave the thread. I don't post negative things about games in threads for games I don't like. Show some self-restraint.

FEAR 3 looks like it might fix what FEAR 2 broke. The storyline, that is. I have no idea why Monolith uses the "mystery" aspect of the game to cover up retconning and plot holes, but it's pretty fucking lame.

The gameplay is pretty unimportant to me. As long as it has an OK AI. Every FPS game plays the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Never really been into the FEAR series. I got the first two and never really saw the appeal. There's no real 'hook'. Yeah, jump scares, slow-time ability etc etc. The horror aspect is fairly weak, just 'boo', nothing really creepy. It'd be cool to see something more along the lines of a Silent Hill type creep out. The actual shooting is pretty bland, nothing to set it apart from every other shooter. I'm surprised it went to a second and even more surprised it's going to a third.

That said, I'll probably get it and check it out. Cuz that's what I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 pm

art wrote:
snip
I don't like food. I love it. If I don't love it, I don't swallow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F.E.A.R. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 3   F.E.A.R. 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

F.E.A.R. 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: