Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halloweeen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Halloweeen Empty
PostSubject: Halloweeen   Halloweeen EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:39 am

Just finsihed the Halloween / Dia de los Muertos holiday here in Mexico. It was pretty awesome, lots of people in costumes / parties / crazy shit. I saw a busker dressed as a psycho butcher, covered in blood, surrounded by dolls made up to look like butchered babies. It was pretty shocking stuff to have just out on the street, I thought.

I went to a couple of parties, but didn't dress up.

Who here lives in a country that celebrates Halloween ? I always feel like it's a bit limp anywhere outside of the USA though now I know Mexico loves it too, but more for Dia de los Muertos. In Australia it always felt to me more like a commercial holiday, like shops wanted you to waste money on stupid shit, but the populace in general didn't really care. Mind you, I haven't lived in Oz for 12 years so things might have changed.

How was your Halloween, if in fact it exists at all where you are ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

-drifter-

Halloweeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloweeen   Halloweeen EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:13 am

Things weren't too impressive up here. There were a couple of decent costumes, but mostly a lot of terrible ones. Some kid went as -no joke- twister. Just a twister mat with a hole cut out for the head.

I would have liked to get a costume but I just didn't really think about it. By the time I realized Halloween was coming it was already here.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Halloweeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloweeen   Halloweeen EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Uberman wrote:
In Australia it always felt to me more like a commercial holiday, like shops wanted you to waste money on stupid shit, but the populace in general didn't really care. Mind you, I haven't lived in Oz for 12 years so things might have changed.
Nope. It's as vanilla as ever.
Back to top Go down
Kuma

Halloweeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloweeen   Halloweeen EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 am

Where I live we don`t really have Halloween but we have a similar holiday. Though they are practically the thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloweeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloweeen   Halloweeen Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloweeen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Everything Else-
Jump to: