Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.

Go down 
+4
Uberman
-drifter-
sexbad
Casted
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. Empty
PostSubject: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:39 pm

And here goes my reaction.
New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. 216969p0s3vgi
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:15 pm

I don't get it. It looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm

What!!!???
Instead of cool kick-ass Dante, we heve some emo freak.
Instead of new awsome story about Dante/Vergil/Nero, we have some shitty story in paralel universe.
Instead CAPCOM, we have some fucking Ninja Theory.
They are not REBOOTING the franchise.
It's just some freaking new game.
Hideki Kamiya (Creator of the original Devil May Cry) said that he doesn't consider smoking to look cool, so he didn't made Dante a smoker. And his clothes are red because that's the typical color of japanese heroes (yeah..why do you think the red power ranger is always the leader?) And look what Ninja Theory did. They turned Dante into this... this thing! This emo kid who looks (and possibly act) like a prick on drugs!

Yes. This is what Capcom is talking about when they were saying that they were trying to make Devil May Cry appeal to the western audience.

I just hope that they keep the insane combat system from the last 2 games. If they make it simplified for newcomers and casual gamers then i will lose all interests i had with Ninja Theory's take on Devil May Cry.

Quote:
8:54PM "My name is Dante," the teenager says as the "DMC" logo appears on screen

8:54PM Subject 644... "What is your name??" Demons appear on the screen as a leather cladded teenager jumps around, dual-wielding guns, fighting enemies with a spear.

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

8:57PM "This is a rebirth of Devil May Cry." The combat certainly looks familiar, and the fresh attitude matches what we expect from the series (it's more DMC3 than DMC2, thankfully). But, there's a psychological slant to the game as well, it seems.
There's a questioning of reality in the trailer, as a character trapped in chains (in a mental institute, perhaps?) is intercut throughout the video.

I dont like the sound of "We're taking a younger Dante that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc."
I just hate what they are doing with the character of Dante. Like i said before, if the combat is on par with DMC3 & 4 and even Bayonetta, then this might be a great game.
Oh and one more thing, THERES NO MORE EPIC METAL SOUNDTRACK

Oh yes, and here is the source of the new Dante's face.

New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. 2564566926_66eaa2f12e

Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 am

I've never actually played a DMC before, but I thought all the protagonists were supposed to be emo anyway. I was mainly judging this on the action seen in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:43 am

Oh no, they changed Dante! He used to be such a deep, likable, totally-not-a-complete-twat-in-every-single-fucking-way character!

Also, I'm playing through Enslaved, and I can honestly say that Ninja Theory doesn't suck.

And I think I heard Andy Serkis in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 am

Eh well...if you want to play as a fucked-up emo junky, go ahead Mr."I'm S-O-O-O-O different and unique person with DEEP pesonality, who likes cowboys (who are certainly NOT typical)" :twisted:
At least Dante was man enough, not some kind of sissy boy with life issues.
Well, i still have hopes that they will make a good story at least.
P.S I don't have anything against homoes...but THIS...THING isn't cool.

Yeah...Enslaved.
With super-puper main heroes.
One with big dic...i mean muscle...brains and other with deep puss...i mean soul.
Ninja Theory is good?
We dismised that claim.

New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. M2-citadelcouncil
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:06 am

I don't care enough about DMC to care about this. My favourite DMC game was Bayonetta.

But yes, the new character does look like an annoying emo twat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Casted wrote:
Yeah...Enslaved.
One with big dic...i mean muscle...brains and other with deep puss...i mean soul.
Ninja Theory is good?
We dismised that claim.

Nnnnnnnnope. Not really sure what your issue with Enslaved is, but based on what you wrote above I'm going to assume you've only played the demo (if even.)

Uberman wrote:
I don't care enough about DMC to care about this. My favourite DMC game was Bayonetta.

But yes, the new character does look like an annoying emo twat.

I don't think anyone will argue that point. I'm just of the opinion that the old Dante was also an annoying emo twat, if somewhat prettier.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Drifter wrote:
Casted wrote:
Yeah...Enslaved.
Ninja Theory is good?
We dismised that claim.

Nnnnnnnnope. Not really sure what your issue with Enslaved is, but based on what you wrote above I'm going to assume you've only played the demo (if even.)
Hm...i played it today.
Aaaaaand...i must admit that it's...somewhat good. (God, the backgrounds and this natured post-apocaliptic world are just awsome):roll:
But still the heroes are...wel, typical.
And I will NOT dismiss my claim about Dante.
Old Dante rocks. (I'm a fan boy. Bear with me folks)
New Dante is still a faggot.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 am

Oh yes, nothing uncool about this guy.

Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:27 am

Drifter wrote:
Oh yes, nothing uncool about this guy.

It was 2001, i was 12 years old and it was my first game on PS 2.
this game will be forever in my heart (WARNING! FAN-BOY SHIT DETECTED)
Well yeah, maybe it looks a bit...strange, but still the game and the character are ALLRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGHHHTTTTT­!!!!!
Oh, and dude.
He lost a person he loved. Wouldn't you cry if you'd lost a person you loved?
P.S Yeah, the voicing sound a bit gay, but in Russian verson the actor voiced this moment perfectly.
Back to top Go down
jack

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 am

This reminds me of when MGS2 was released and everyone was outraged over the switch from Snake to Raiden. Only this time you'll have to play through the whole game as this guy. I dont share your outrage Casted, but I understand where youre coming from.

What I dont understand is what they mean by "incorporating the youth culture of today" Isnt this the same type of main character ive seen in EVERY JRPG over the last 15 years?

I've never met an "EMO" in my entire life though. They must be a strange and elusive breed. I've seen alot of hipsters though. If they wanted to appeal to the market that I'm familiar with they should have given him a snow cap and scarf and had him slay baddies on a 20 year old fixie bike.
Back to top Go down
kleine_Todesengelin

kleine_Todesengelin

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 pm

I am very dissapointed. New "Dante" (Is it really him?) is some kind of freak. Where are his blond hair, strong body and perfect style? What was the reason to change the main character? Of course, at nowadays the idea of perfect man is a very skinny, tall jerk with girlish face and voice (if we look at popular movies like fucking Twilight and at posters with popular emo fucking music bands) but why did the creators of DMC rape Dante?
I am sick of these skinny stupid bastards.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Never actually played DevilMayCry, but I know its a big deal, completely changing the main character.

But....would it be better to just play it safe, and dont change anything?
Back to top Go down
ukenceto

ukenceto

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 pm

hack ninja theory's site >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn4iC46mz68 ;) Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 pm

I recently bought Enslaved and I'm wondering why "fucking sucking" is in the title of this thread. I quite like their game.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, I played 'Enslaved' all the way through. Not perfect to be sure, but nice enough. Worth the playthrough. The green post-apocalyptic world and the larger robotic beasts in particular are worth a look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
ukenceto

ukenceto

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 pm

a little cool moments from the real devil may cry games, with some cool music as well! ;) >>

<<<this is the real dante!>>>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.   New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory. Empty

Back to top Go down

New DMC from Ninja fucking-sucking theory.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: