Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deus Ex: The Human Revolution

Go down 
+3
jack
AnonymousAdam
-drifter-
7 posters
AuthorMessage
-drifter-

-drifter-

Deus Ex: The Human Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm

disclaimer:

So, Deus Ex 3. I'm sure people will complain that it looks way different from the first game, but as far as I'm concerned the first game can suck it (and it sure does.) The game looks amazing, visual and game-play wise. There's certainly enough trailers so take your pick.

Trailers abound within:
There's also a sizeable collection of screen-shots over at IGN.

Link:

I'd say it looks pretty damn good, and I'm really digging the visual style. Could be a great game. Only thing that worries me is the writing/voice acting. From what's displayed in the trailer, it doesn't sound bad, but maybe a little wooden. I don't know.

So, thoughts? Fanboy complaints? Anything?
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I dont know anything about the series. Why is everything so....yellow?

Uhm, watched the gameplay trailers. Im not...very interrested actually.

Is it 3d person or first? I cant tell if they changed to third person just to show the charachter or if you will change to third when you melle or do a headshot or something.

Anyway, main charachter sounds very, I dont know, rouge future badass batman?

Ill watch the reviews when it comes out, but right now im just not very interrested.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:25 am

AnonymousAdam wrote:
Is it 3d person or first? I cant tell if they changed to third person just to show the charachter or if you will change to third when you melle or do a headshot or something.

It's first person, but it switches to third while you're in cover or (judging by the gameplay trailer) when you do a melee kill. Sort of like Rainbow Six: Las Vegas, only hopefully with less Rainbow Six: Las Vegas.
Back to top Go down
jack

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Holy shit those graphics gave me a boner:shock: I'm looking forward to this game actually. I was never a fan of futuristic shooters, especially the generic ones that I've seen being released recently, but I loved the original Deus Ex's story and the fact that it gave you choices in how you could progress through a level. i'd leak to see more of the same but with larger, more populated open environments and better a.i.
As far as voice acting is concerned it does sound pretty meh, but I normally set my standards lower for video games. As long as it's bearable ill be happy. Other than that though I have high hopes for this one *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 am

The first game with very revolutionary for its time. Its aged really badly, but it introduced open-world settings and decisions that actually affected the game world to first person shooters. Before that FPS games were basically like 'Doom'. Not that there's anything wrong with Doom, but Deus Ex and System Shock showed how something different, deeper and more story based could be done with the genre.

I have high hopes for the new one. If they retain the spirit of the first with modern gaming technology then it could be killer. Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 am

And yet another stupid DLC system.
One edition will have one guns, another will have other guns and additional mission.
No good.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:18 am

What?
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:43 am

Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 am

Big deal. I know pre-order bonuses are irritating and all, but it's just one mission and a few guns. It's not like half the game is locked away.
Back to top Go down
art

art

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Is this gonna be a straight FPS or will it be open-ended and open world with RPG elements
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Evidence points to the second one.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Drifter wrote:
Big deal. I know pre-order bonuses are irritating and all, but it's just one mission and a few guns. It's not like half the game is locked away.

I hope so and i just don't like the DLC system in general.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 am

Apparently a beta version of the first 10-12 or so hours of the game was leaked onto torrent sites. Surprisingly, Eidos has taken the whole thing in stride, actually encouraging members of their forums to link to non-press reviews of the leak, and making no effort to have torrents of it taken down. I guess they're confident in their game, which makes sense since the reaction seems to have been mostly positive.

I'd try it myself but so far the only torrents I've found were unreliable and/or too many leechers to download at more than a snails pace.

Oh, and there's another new trailer that looks pretty good.

Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I loved Deus Ex. It was really something quite special when it came out. I never tried the sequel and only heard bad things about it. Human revolution looks good, but I'm slightly worried about the damage to immersion that those obvious hints guiding you through the levels might do. Such as walls that can be blasted being outlined in yellow, and passcodes to doors lying on the floor of public bathrooms.

That, and the fact that many levels involving gun fights look to be designed as shooting galleries with good cover available everywhere, much like the boring and repetitive levels in Mass Effect 2 for example. For me, a lack of challenge in general coupled with no incentive to really "discover" the details in each level might discourage me from buying this game. I'll wait to hear what people have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:35 am

I don't think you have to worry. That yellow outline can be switched off and from what I hear the game heavily encourages stealth over gunplay.

As for lack of challenge/incentive to explore...

You might notice that getting shot once managed to reduce the player's health to half, and the AI is (supposedly) very impressive and dynamic, so there's that. Like I said, I don't think you need to worry.
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:56 am

Yes, it dropped to 50, and then it started regenerating immediately...

Your other points are very much speculation at this point, with developers and various promotors being the main sources. When a developer claims that the AI will be revolutionary and often outsmart you, more often than not, the bad guys will still run toward you in a straight line instead of looking for cover. And instead of "outsmarting" the end result is often "outnumber".

I'm an old and grumpy cynic. One day you'll get there too. But I do hope you're right.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 am

I'm not sure what you define as a "promoter" but most of what I'm saying comes from various previews on gaming websites (IGN, PC Gamer, Game Informer, et cetera.)

And the developers themselves up and said "You can turn the yellow outline off."

EDIT: I've been playing the leak, I think I can safely say that it's intended to be a stealth game. Enemies are accurate and smart, you don't have much health and you don't get enough ammo for shoot-outs to be a viable option most of the time.

More than that I can't really say, since I've only played the first couple of missions.
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:09 pm

All I'm saying is that previews generally have a promotion-style feel to them, with the previewer rarely having more to go on than the developer's word. But since you've tried the leaked version and remain positive then I am much more hopeful.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Glad to hear it. I've played a little more, and honestly I've come away quite impressed. The PC interface is pretty similar to the first game's, if more intuitive, and after the first couple of missions things really open up. Not only that, but people actually react to your performance. I failed to save some of hostages on the second level and wound up letting the bad guy go free, and understandably quite a few people were pissed about that. The SWAT in particular weren't too happy with me.

I probably won't be going any further though, partly because I don't want to spoil too much for myself and partly because the computer I'm playing on kind of sucks and I have to turn all the settings down to get half-way decent performance. Still though, I liked most of what I saw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: The Human Revolution   Deus Ex: The Human Revolution Empty

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex: The Human Revolution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: