Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HDTVs are objects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

HDTVs are objects Empty
PostSubject: HDTVs are objects   HDTVs are objects EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:39 am

I have a widescreen HDTV. I'm not really a gadget / technology fetishist but my primary hobby is gaming, so I bought a decent TV. Hey, if I were a cyclist, I'd buy a decent bike, right ?

But one of the reasons I bought HD is that more and more, games designers seem to expect you to have one, and scale accordingly.

Before moving to Mexico, when I was in Thailand, I had a mid-sized, regular TV. Some games were rendered almost unplayable due to tiny text, numbers and so on. I remember an early example of this being the original Dead Rising, where the printed text was completely unreadable on a regular TV.

The reason I brought this up, is that I just got the new Operation Flashpoint game, and even on my good sized HDTV, some shit is almost invisible. The fire mode icon under your selected weapon is about the width of a human hair and the enemies are often tiny dots way off in the distance, blended into a confusing background. Honestly, if you have a regular TV this game will be completely unplayable.

Whut yo gaming TV like ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

HDTVs are objects Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDTVs are objects   HDTVs are objects EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:28 am

I have a 40-something inch 1080p LCD TV for playing on my 360 and Wii. I don't use them nearly as much as my PC (master race represent) though, which has a 20-something inch 1080p display too!
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

HDTVs are objects Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDTVs are objects   HDTVs are objects EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:08 am

I have some fuckton heavy, gigantic (I dunno how big it is exactly, and it's probably not very big in relation to what you guys think of big, but whatever) CRT television that I used to use for gaming, back when I regularly gamed on the console. It is widescreen though, and has component-in (no HDMI)

This is a big deal because the TV before that was the squarish ratio, and the colors bled horrible. And the one before that was 15 or 20 inches, and had to run for half a minute or so until it moved past "black and white mode". It had two main knobs - one for channel 1 - 13 (and UHF), plus another knob for 1 - 50 or 60, and I've no idea what that was for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Sponsored content

HDTVs are objects Empty
PostSubject: Re: HDTVs are objects   HDTVs are objects Empty

Back to top Go down

HDTVs are objects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Everything Else-
Jump to: