Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saints Row: The Third

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sexbad

sexbad

Saints Row: The Third Empty
PostSubject: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:44 pm

That is all.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:32 am

I played the second game, wasn't too impressed. About the only fun thing to do was to turn on some cheats that made people insane, cars homicidal and corpses rain from the sky, and just try to survive.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:41 am

At last I can fulfill all my ball-punching needs!

Seriously, what was that?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:48 am

I loved the second. It was like Mario Party with death. A compilation of incredibly fun minigames held together by a badass story in a semi-realized city and bad driving controls.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:41 am

Read about this for the first time today - I'm pretty excited.

I love pretty much all sandbox games. I love the GTA series, et al.

Played the first Saints Row. Liked it, finished it.

Played the second, LOVED it, finished it twice. I still drag it out and play it sometimes, in fact I was just thinking how odd it was because I've been playing it a little this week.

It's fun. It's very silly. It's genuinely, laugh out loud funny at times. It takes itself about as s eriously as most games should - not at all. There's SO FUCKING MUCH TO DO in the game, you can just noodle around with it for hours without even doing the storyline missions. To me it took the spirit of the earlier GTA games of being funny, not serious and quite experimental and ran with it, while the GTA series has gotten very safe and a bit boring.

Roll on December, I say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:44 am

I can see how people might find the SR games fun, but they just weren't for me. I'm not a fan of craziness for the sake of craziness, and I have a hard time enjoying games where the main character is a sociopathic jerk ass (part of the reason I never got into God of War.)
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:43 am

I hear what you're saying about the main character, but in SR's defence, it's played firmly tongue in cheek, as opposed to the straight up God Of War. SR knows how ridiculous it is, one of the reasons I like it. To whit, for SR2, they used Gary Fuckin' Busey, the craziest man in Hollywood, in their trailers.

LEGEND
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row: The Third   Saints Row: The Third Empty

Back to top Go down

Saints Row: The Third
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: