Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transformers 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:25 am

The Uberwench loves Transformers.

Don't ask me why. She's not really into sci-fi, gaming or anything like that. She likes action movies but is not crazy about them. When I asked her she said it's because she liked the toys from the 80's so I guess it's a kind of nostalgia trip. Although for me, the movies have almost nothing to do with the original toys, but whatever.

So I was basically obligated to take her to the new movie. As far as 'being dragged along to amovie you don't really want to see by your woman' goes, I think Transformers is a pretty easy shot. Better that than some chick flick.

But it's bad. Really bad.

I had hoped they'd learned form the second awful movie that the 'comedy' bits just suck moose cock and should be removed. No such luck. There's still this bottom of the barrel lowbrow sitcom type comedy bits that bore and embarrass you at the same time.

The action is good but somewhat epilepsy inducing, lots of close-in shots and very rapid movement that can make it hard to see detail. I saw it in 3D which is a good way to see it as it's such a special effects showcase, but it does tax your brain after a while. I have to say the effects are fantastic, but not enough to save it.

And it's long. Loooooooooooooooong. I think it's about two and a half hours long and it goddamn feels it. The second half just seems to drag on and on. Two types or films that should be short and punchy - comedies and action movies. You just can't maintain the adrenaline for this long.

One thing for the nerds though - one of the new (main) characters is voiced by Leonard Nimoy, otherwise known as Spock from Star Trek. I didn't know this going in, but recognised him as soon as he spoke. There are two Star Trek references in the movie - one obvious and one fairly subtle that gave me a little nerdgasm.

And the new chick is nowhere near as hot as Megan Fox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

-drifter-

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:44 am

Yeah, the first movie was all it took to turn me off. Didn't see the second, don't intend to see the third.

And I never thought Megan Fox was that hot anyway.

Last edited by HighPlainsSquinter on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:11 pm

HighPlainsSquinter wrote:
Yeah, the first movie was all it took to turn me off. Didn't seen the second, don't intend to see the third.

And I never thought Megan Fox was that hot anyway.

I agree. Too much of a "yeah-I'm-sooooo-freaking-good-looking-look-at-me-doing-this-thing-where-I-lick-my-upper-lip-thing-again"-vibe going on. Off-putting.

And the movies are quite terrible indeed. You always know what you get with Michael Bay: Involuntary diarrhea.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Transformers 3 Phoenix-wright-objection_edit
The action sceenes are awsome!
There is nothing better than giant robots shoting and kicking the hell out of each other. When everything explodes and screams and rattle of metal...estatic. The rest is total bullshit.
The main hero is...well he is a dork. He is such a bad actor. New chick is strange, too much botex for my taste.
P.S Screw Megan (Hmmm...why not). Sasha Grey is my choice!
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 am

Casted wrote:
New chick is strange, too much botex for my taste.

Seriously, she has permanent Duckface going on. She looks like she's always posing for a slutty Facebook profile pic.

Sure Megan Fox was 'I'm so hot' kind of hot. But she was ... well ... hot. Thick as pigshit in real life. But still, I'd hit it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Sponsored content

Transformers 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transformers 3   Transformers 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transformers 3
Page 1 of 1