Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dungeon Siege 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Dungeon Siege 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnAYTuVuR7S2m-KvKm8NsRA8VJQ8JKNodJmvjw4jO96KrFvmfd&t=1

Well...it happend.
I love Obsidian Entertainment but I had that dreadful feeling that they will fuck this game up.
Good old DS is dead. No more customized parties, no more character generator, no more donkey and no more twisted dungeons.
This is a new face of DS series...with all favored ME choice wheel...

The developers tried to make an interesting and intriguing story with plot twists and multiple choices but in the long run it turned out to be a bad choice.
The plot is simple and boring, voice actors sound stupid, and quests are linear and too damn obvious. The graphics looks "pretty" if you don't zoom in. All locations are so empty and repetitive that you might think that you are walking in circles. Forget about these twisted and interesting dungeons with bonus locations and challenging puzzles.. Get on the train, sit down and relax...this bad boy is going straight ahead. Straight as a horizon.

Enough tortures for now. Lets look at the bright side...well at least there isn't that much shit as on the other side.
Characters.
There are 4. Each character has two combat styles and they differ from character to character. Lucas (warrior) fights with a one-handed sword and shield or a two-handed sword. Anjali (mage/fighter) can shift between human form, fighting with a spear, and elemental fire form. Reinhart (mage) is able to fight with magic at range and in close combat. Katarina (shooter) fights with a long-range rifle or a pair of shotguns at close range. Rebecca Grant modeled for Katarina's character, by the way…bad choice for my taste.

Every hero has a set of 10 skills that they can upgrade to their own taste (you can make only 5 upgrades so you won't be able to take that increased range that you left for latter).

As for the actual gameplay it's rather nice...an average slasher I think. You walk to the enemy and mash the button, the energy fills up and you can use your skill. You can spin, you can roll, you can dodge and you can just stay still until you are beaten to death for choosing this. At some point in the game you will be given a partner which is controlled by AI. It's OK, not brilliant but Ok. (at least an AI'ed character will not try to hump the nearest wall). Or you can play multiplayer with someone and this someone will take control over your partner.

I love DS 1 and 2. I used to play multiplayer with my friends a lot. I loved creating parties, to choose their skills and full equipment, to give them roles and all. I loved massive fights in first two parts.
DS3...it's boring.
I really regret buying it. I honestly tried to play it but after 3 hours...I just Alt+F4'ed it.
Maybe...just maybe I will give it another try and maybe I will find something worth playing because blunt and repetitive slahser is not what I wanted to see.

Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:21 am

Yeah, I played about an hour of this and then put it down. I agree with what Casted said insomuch as I've seen it (didn't see that much of the plot). The gameplay turned me off.

To me this is a game with an identity crisis. Is it an RPG ? Then where's the customisation / stats / interesting loot / choices etc etc etc ? Is it an action game ? Then where's the depth beyond button mashing ?

This game wants to be a bit of both and ends up being a poor example of either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Casted

Casted

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

"This game is an example of perfect balance between good game and bad game" - Game Informer.
Yeah, right.
This game is a slope from "meh" to "horrible". Oh, and don't forget about bugs. No patch has come out yet.

I think I realized what is wrong with the plot. It's too, damn, childish. Take the protagonist for example. " Jeyne Kassynder this". "Jeyne Kassynder that". Why not just call her Jayne or commander Kassynder.
And here is the great example of plot and characters.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Casted wrote:
Take the protagonist for example. " Jeyne Kassynder this". "Jeyne Kassynder that". Why not just call her Jayne or commander Kassynder.

You know it's funny you should say that, because I noticed it stuck out like dog's balls as well. And I was wondering 'Am I being stupid ? Would anyone else be bothered by this ?'
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:56 am

I gave this game another try and...maybe I will complete it this time just because I don't have anything to play. I started playing as this flame girl. Better than other 3 I think. But i keep hearing this Jayne K thingy and it just ticks on my nerves.
Dungeon Siege 3 4202098112
And I payed 35$ for it.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 am

I put this game back in my drive. For some reason I thought I was being a bit too harsh on it and perhpas it deserved a second chance.

Wrong.

It really is awful. It's just so bland form top to bottom. No sense of character or plot. The game world is just so derivitive - cookie cutter fantasy world with no thought put into it. There's no depth in the gamelpay, character devlopment, loot, nothing. It's not BAD per se, there's just a complete and utter absence of GOOD. There is not one saving grace to this game, an element you can point at and say 'Well at least they did that really well.' Blnad, vanilla, not worth my time.

Back out of the drive, probably never to return.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Never played any dungeon siege game, will not play this one.

But I feel bad for y all, wasting your money on bland shit.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 am

Same here. I even forgot I had it until I accidentally opened the folder. Screw you DS 3. I m gone Steam Boting.
Back to top Go down
superawesomecoolguy

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 pm

AnonymousAdam wrote:
Never played any dungeon siege game, will not play this one.

But I feel bad for y all, wasting your money on bland shit.

most of the games in the last couple of years have been a bunch of cookie-cutter and bland sequels so i doubt you haven't got a single bland- shit game
the games in gamescom look cool though (Skyrim and GW2 hell yeah)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dungeon Siege 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3   Dungeon Siege 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Siege 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: