Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How exactly can you advertise these Forums?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

How exactly can you advertise these Forums? Empty
PostSubject: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 am

I'd really love to help spread the word around, but i have no idea where to begin, any ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 am

friends, friends of friends, etc.

if you don't have friends, just put it in your sig at other forums

if you don't go to forums, you probably can't advertise
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 am

Alright, thanks Art.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 pm

What art said. Unfortunately the internet is a big, big, big place these days. Not like back when I invented it with some tin cans and string. Anyway, it's pretty hard for anything to get noticed. Tell your friends, tell your sister, tell your sister's friends, tell people you meet in line at the bank, try to keep the asshats away, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Uberman needs to move the advert for the RWEP forum to the start of his reviews, not at the end. Just a little second long thing, so some of his 1977 subscribers will join up
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:10 pm

I hear ya, but I don't want to shove anything down anyone's throat.

Well, that's not entirely true.

But not advertising. It would piss me off if I wanted to watch a video and got the ads first. Good boys and girls watch all the way to the end anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:52 am

Just add a small subtitle in the intro

OR

create a giant annotation that lasts the length of the video that links to this forum
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 am

art wrote:

OR

create a giant annotation that lasts the length of the video that links to this forum

Hmmm. Makes me wonder - why bother with the video at all ? Perhaps just a ten minute picture of the forum link. I think you're on to something ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 am

Uberman wrote:
art wrote:

OR

Hmmm. Makes me wonder - why bother with the video at all ? Perhaps just a ten minute picture of the forum link. I think you're on to something ...

the annotation is invisible except for the border, and if it's the size of the video then you can't see the border

it'll just mean that if you click the video you go to the forums
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh ho ! Really ? I've never done anything with the annotations / captions or anything like that. Perhaps this idea of your is a good idea of yours. I will investigate further ...
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:47 am

I think clicking the video to go to the forums would be fucking annoying. I click the video to pause it, and I'm sure others are the same. So if you don't wanna annoy people, don't do that.

But yea, SOME form of annotation is most definitely the way to go. Maybe like a 5 or 10 second annotation banner at the bottom of the video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How exactly can you advertise these Forums?   How exactly can you advertise these Forums? Empty

Back to top Go down

How exactly can you advertise these Forums?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Forum Concerns-
Jump to: