Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me

Go down 
+3
Uberman
MortalWombat
sexbad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sexbad

sexbad

I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me Empty
PostSubject: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 am

I'm going to become a PC game reviewer. The reviews will be very long because I am a through person and all that rot, but whatever. I'll do video supplements to all of my reviews, probably, so long as my computer can fraps the game without breaking down.

Anyway, my first review is Cryostasis. It's probably not the most amazing idea to review the best game ever first, but whatever. http://liopleurodons.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-review-cryostasis-sleep-of-reason.html
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

I think you should pair up with Uberman. It'll give you a boost and it'll help him too (Win win situation, no?)

You can call it: "Reviews without Extreme Prejudice" No need to thank me ;)
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 am

Nice review ! I wanted to leave a comment, but it seems as though you need an account in one of a few systems, none of which I have. So, no comment for you.

But here, I can say that it's a very clearly thought out review with a well expressed angle. Good writing, interesting take. Pics and or video would be great. Be sure to post here and let us know when you post your next one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 am

I have probably an hour of footage of Cryostasis, but I am delaying a video review because I am lazy. I'll do it on a weekend. I also have an amazing voice.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah, video reviews are much easier to get people hooked on rather than a written one.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 am

I rewrote my review because I didn't like it much at all. The gist is about the same but it covers some different assets of Cryostasis a bit more in depth, while not repeating some stuff as much.

http://liopleurodons.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-review-cryostasis-sleep-of-reason_10.html

Video probably coming tomorrow. Don't have to read it much.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 pm

And now the video review is uploaded and it can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oggDhRIVUI
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm

The video review is better, in my opinion. I like video reviews, you can show what you're talking about.

You have a nice voice (no homo). But your delivery is a bit flat, a touch more emotion would help. Not like teen popstar emotion, just a bit more pepper.

Are you going to do another one ?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Yeah, I didn't have enough time for the room I was in to be quiet, so I had to do everything in one sitting (and I took out all the fuckups) but I couldn't really exert my voice. You should hear me sing (not particularly for you, though, so no homo).

I'll keep reviewing games. My next one is probably going to be Assault on Dark Athena, the second Riddick game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:05 am

I'd do reviews if I didn't think it was pointless to add my voice into a sea of opinions that only the truly stupid dive into.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:22 am

Oh dear I have an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:07 am

Any new reviews, Dragon?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:02 am

I was planning to do one last Sunday but turns out I had to go on vacation to look at colleges so I forgot to do it and am still forgetting to do it. My next one that gets put up will probably be Assault on Dark Athena. I need money for new games if I want any actual number of views on YouChoob above thirty though.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Today I review Assault on Dark Athena something something

I feel as though I got my charisma together for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_vmMJ2wXg
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Awesome review, you sound better in this review than the other one, where you seemed a little nervous.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Nice ! I'd like to hear you loosen up a bit more though. You still sound a bit formal. For example, you tend not to use contractions (do not -> don't). I doon't know, perhaps you always talk like this. The perfect voice in my opinion is a conversational tone - like you're not making a video but just chatting to a friend.

Just my opinion. Anyway, I think you're doing a good thing, keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm going to make a video review tomorrow is it ok if I just post that in this thread
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:24 am

Uh, sure? God, I still need to make more.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm

The prospect of more reviews from forum members pleases me.

lo pan Lo Pan preased too.

And Lo Pan, it would seem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:42 am

Actually that review may take a while yet
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 am

Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:34 am

Snowflake wrote:
Singularity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjQz9mwOHc
Very good.
A bit monotonously, but still good.
Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 am

I'm afraid the monotone is my normal voice for reading stuff off of scripts (not when I'm acting anyway). I can do the next one in a gay voice (I'm quite good at it actually) to make it more entertaining. Or maybe I should try some other awful accent.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Snowflake wrote:
I'm afraid the monotone is my normal voice for reading stuff off of scripts (not when I'm acting anyway). I can do the next one in a gay voice (I'm quite good at it actually) to make it more entertaining. Or maybe I should try some other awful accent.

Your voice is your tool.
Play around with it.
Try everyting.
Let it be a bit joking, or a bit sad, or a bit brutal sometimes. Your voice must attract people if you want them to listen to your reviews.
For example The Uberman.
Good text, interesting jokes AND interesting voice.
If he had a voice of...i don't know...granny with set of false teeth with hangover...his reviws would be...strange.
No offence Uber, coz i'm complementing your voice here.)
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 am

I rise from the reviewing ashes to cough up another! This time it's Metro 2033 and it's in TWO PARTS! Even with the higher YouTube video time limit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBYaohY5Xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwirHQl6rhc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me   I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me Empty

Back to top Go down

I am striving to become a video game reviewer please look at me look at me look at me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next