Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Go down 
+7
-drifter-
devil1337
MortalWombat
Uberman
AHungryTurtle
sexbad
Infant Shaker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

Call of Duty: Black Ops Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:45 am

Or Call of Duty 7, this is the new Call of Duty game being developed by Treyarch, or the people that Made World at War, It will be set during the Cold War era.

The trailer can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHMI3ZACtA0

Release date: Nov. 9, 2010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:39 am

There's no use for non-espionage games set in the Cold War era.

Play No One Lives Forever.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:30 am

I also know that there aren't many people on these forums that are really fans of the CoD multiplayer so I guess I'll be one of the few who is really excited about this one.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:29 am

I'm not excited because it's Treyarch.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I honestly don't understand why people always seem to hate on Treyarch, I personally liked their games, also I prefer WaW to any CoD game out there.
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Im gonna have to agree with Infant Shaker
I loved World at War, probably better than MW2... CoD4 still wins overall, though!
I'm pretty exited for this, still
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

It's very pretty, but none of that seems to be in-game footage. So I will reserve my excitement until I see some actual gameplay.

*puts excitement in box, sits on box*
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:48 pm

The only thing I hope they don't do is a futuristic game.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:35 pm

See, this is the thing I don't like about these new COD games. It's too full of action, it's explosion after explosion after explosion, epic to a fault and too much like Hollywood. I appreciate action and all, but after playing through hours of action I just feel numb. There isn't any down-time, and the plots are always dumbed down or neglected in favour of nuclear bombs.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

MortalWombat wrote:
See, this is the thing I don't like about these new COD games. It's too full of action, it's explosion after explosion after explosion, epic to a fault and too much like Hollywood. I appreciate action and all, but after playing through hours of action I just feel numb. There isn't any down-time, and the plots are always dumbed down or neglected in favour of nuclear bombs.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:17 am

New trailer, it looks bitchin'.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:38 am

Same old thing. Someone complains about how war is evil while some scripted events and explosions play in the background. You know you still won't be playing something ideologically deep in the Call of Duty series ever. I should hope the actual gameplay, none of which has been shown so far, is fun. Apparently there are dedicated servers at least.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:01 am

Yeah, that's the winning formula.

I really like Treyarch's games, plus Zombie Mode is coming back and it's going to be sweeeeeet.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

You gotta admit though that it's very, very pretty.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Russian civilian zombies?
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Eh, come to think of it, I probably wont get this game... UNLESS the beta / gameplay looks REALLY good closer to the release date... MW2 has given me enough grief already :|
Back to top Go down
devil1337

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 am

The best thing about it will be the time machine! Now that's innovative, like swords which fire laser beams. Oh, wait, they already did that like 20 years ago.

At any rate I hope they'll multiplayer won't be a rip off from the Battlefield series. They should try and bring out something new, although I have the feeling that if they'll try that they'll either fail or it'll be a scenario where half the players hate it and half of them love it.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:22 am

I dunno, what I see Treyarch doing is taking MW2 multiplayer, and taking out and replacing anything people complained about, they already mentioned taking out the nuke and Commando.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 pm

I don't mind most of the killstreaks, but ones like Chopper Gunner and the nuke definitely need to be kicked out. Or at the very least, make it so that the killstreaks don't stack onto each other.

Or they could introduce sharks that shoot bees out of their mouths. Or even better, guns that shoot guns. That shoot sharks shooting bees out of their mouths :D
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 pm

I remember wishing some game would be made like that. Just a Q3 type game with laser guided firebreathing shark launchers and throwable chainsaws and such. I'd play a CoD game just for that novelty if they made that turn. It probably would be a good decision because they'll drop the pretense of tactics and teamwork that was spread as thin as butter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 am

Dragons In Space wrote:
I remember wishing some game would be made like that. Just a Q3 type game with laser guided firebreathing shark launchers and throwable chainsaws and such. I'd play a CoD game just for that novelty if they made that turn. It probably would be a good decision because they'll drop the pretense of tactics and teamwork that was spread as thin as butter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_and_Dangerous_%28video_game%29

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/oddworld-4/581902p2.html
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Is that a rapid fire bouncing cat cannon ? Why yes, yes it is.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Rofl...decided to make a new thread dedicated to the craziest weapon you can think of!
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:33 am

Uberman wrote:

Is that a rapid fire bouncing cat cannon ? Why yes, yes it is.

That's some unholy shit man...
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 am

New demo footage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops   Call of Duty: Black Ops Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: