Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Milking dead franchises

Go down 
+5
Arab-man666
sexbad
Uberman
Infant Shaker
MortalWombat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Milking dead franchises Empty
PostSubject: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1089581p1.html
Oh, how wonderful is must feel to piggyback your own franchises into the ground. Activision's doing to COD the same thing it did to Guitar Hero and numerous other great games - milk it dry until nobody buys it, then shut it down.

And seriously, "Space Warfare"? I hope they don't destroy Bungie like they did with Infinity Ward.

Last edited by MortalWombat on Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah, it really is a shame, the last CoD game I buy is probably gonna be Spec Ops, since I enjoyed WaW so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Tomb Raider
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario series
Pokemon
Halo
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid

just to name a few that are much much worse than this

There is no Call of Duty Kart yet, or a game - BEING SOLD AS ITS OWN GAME - where you play as a different person throughout the events of one of the games that's already been made
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:29 pm

art wrote:
Tomb Raider
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario series
Pokemon
Halo
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid

just to name a few that are much much worse than this

There is no Call of Duty Kart yet, or a game - BEING SOLD AS ITS OWN GAME - where you play as a different person throughout the events of one of the games that's already been made

Tomb Raider - Yes
Sonic - Maybe
Mario - Maybe, but the new ones aren't that bad. Classic Mario is still the best though
Pokemon - Yeah, definitely
Halo - Well, not really because it was supposed to be a trilogy. ODST was shit though, Reach was probably Bungie's chance to patch up its relationship with fans and deliver what they promised in H3. Not saying H3 is bad though.
Final Fantasy - It's sorta divided into a few major ones that are really good, and the rest are just piggybacking of their success.
Metal Gear Solid - To be honest, I don't much about MGS.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I think that's a bit harsh on Tomb Raider. At least TR games are still what they've always been - action/adventure platformers. We haven't seen a TR racing game, or one on one fighter or whatever. Yes, some titles have been shit, but I think they always stayed tre to the concept.

Basically TR just never kept up with the curve. It was so innovative when it first came out, but so many new games and franchises have come along and just eaten its lunch. I mean, what would people be more excited about, the announcment of a new TR title, or a new Uncharted title ?

EDIT :

Ladies and gentlemen, I eat my fucking words :

Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:45 am

That game doesn't look bad but between being a hot chick and an ugly dude I can't imagine the disputes between me and my friend as to who would play who
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Uberman wrote:
I think that's a bit harsh on Tomb Raider. At least TR games are still what they've always been - action/adventure platformers. We haven't seen a TR racing game, or one on one fighter or whatever. Yes, some titles have been shit, but I think they always stayed tre to the concept.

Basically TR just never kept up with the curve. It was so innovative when it first came out, but so many new games and franchises have come along and just eaten its lunch. I mean, what would people be more excited about, the announcment of a new TR title, or a new Uncharted title ?

EDIT :

Ladies and gentlemen, I eat my fucking words :

Mmm...what does humble pie taste like, Uberman? :D
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Tastes like .... victory.

No, wait.

Failure. It tastes like failure.

I don't know about that game yet. Although not one to prematurely judge games (ha !) I think I'd be more excited about a regular, traditional Tomb Raider release. I fear change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:45 pm

So who else is excited for the new Metal Slug game?
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:36 pm

I remember playing the old Metal Slug games, it took me about $68 to pass the whole thing on my computer (F6 or something to add credits). Thank God I didn't play it in a normal arcade.
I'm not sure why they would bring it back, if it were to take on the present-day gaming crowd it wouldn't do much unless they changed the formula a lot, otherwise people might as well play the old ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:07 pm

MortalWombat wrote:
I remember playing the old Metal Slug games, it took me about $68 to pass the whole thing on my computer (F6 or something to add credits). Thank God I didn't play it in a normal arcade.
I'm not sure why they would bring it back, if it were to take on the present-day gaming crowd it wouldn't do much unless they changed the formula a lot, otherwise people might as well play the old ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Slug_7
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:29 pm

The campaign is under a hour long?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:01 am

Infant Shaker wrote:
The campaign is under a hour long?

You have obviously not played Metal Slug games.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah, I'm didn't really play video games to a great extent since the PS2 came out, I remember I had a PS1 for a year after that.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:31 pm

I heard there's Pokemon Black and White coming out. Lol, what are they going to do when they run out of colours?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Not a big fan of the Metal Slug series. Not my kind of game. I have always been a big fan of the graphical style, however. Nice animation, too. If I were going to play a run & gun shooter platformer, then Metal Slug would be the one I'd play.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:25 am

MortalWombat wrote:
I heard there's Pokemon Black and White coming out. Lol, what are they going to do when they run out of colours?
Thermal vision spectrum.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Dragons In Space wrote:
Thermal vision spectrum.
Huh?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:12 am

All the colors in the thermal vision spectrum.
Back to top Go down
Arab-man666

PostSubject: Call of Duty is poop   Milking dead franchises EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Really now, it's the same God-damned game released over and over again. The Online is barley changing, and the damned campaigns are nearing 7 minutes long. And you've got two developers on it.

I remember when the released two simultaneously. Big Red One and Call of Duty 3. Sheer madness. They need to calm down. Although, sad to say, most people will buy into the new game as it's released, making people who play the old games feel like they're behind the times.

Blah
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 pm

I think it's got to do with peer pressure and consumers being sheep...? Like, say your friends a huge COD fanatic, and he's all hyped up about Black Ops, chances are that's going to rub off onto you and eventually *your going to buy it because you feel dated* (I agree with Arabman)
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:46 pm

MortalWombat wrote:

Invent some more, I'd guess. Until then, keep your eye out for Pokemon Puce and Magenta.
Back to top Go down
Impaled FatDad

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 am

I always buy new COD games, just because I get tired of the weapons and like new storylines. However, "space warfare" may be the stupidest idea for a COD game possible. Pokemon Black and White uses all new types of Pokemon, called stereotypes. There are white pokemon, like Jew, and black ones, like Dontaviousaur. Looks kinda cool
Back to top Go down
Mosin_Master

Mosin_Master

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:46 pm

MortalWombat wrote:

.....Elements?....Einsteinium......Hydrogen Pokemon sounds nice...or maybe random things like...TREE pokemon or....GOD POKEMON or......how about just nintendo's pokemon
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Oooo, an old thread I can post in!   Milking dead franchises EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I dont really know for sure what classifies as "milking" since it is used a lot by fanatics in order to trashtalk games they dont like (halo,god of war).

But i think that A) game series story should be completed(a good, tie up all loose ends-ending) and then adding a game about a side character or something not really relevant ,and B) more than 4 games released, in order to call it milked.

So yea, cod - deffinately, mario - sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milking dead franchises   Milking dead franchises Empty

Back to top Go down

Milking dead franchises
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Upcoming Games-
Jump to: