Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Dead Redemption

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Red Dead Redemption Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:30 am

Got this today, have played about two hours.

You see, Rockstar just get a couple of ideas thta other deveolpers don't get.

I was walking across a field, doing something, I forget what. Some hillbilly cowboy looking guy cracks wise and says I con't shoot as well as he can. And he's willing to put $10 on it. What the fuck, I think, why not ? So I put my money where my mouth is and accept the challenge. I have to kill 3 birds in a minute or so. Not too challenging, I get it done and accept my money.

An important part of the game ? Nope. Forgettable ? Yup. Last very long ? Nope. It wasn't even enough of an event to feature as a side mission. I also stopped a man who was about to stab a whore to death. Not because it was a mission or anything, but just because I saw it happening and decided to get involved. It's just one of those little random details, a little diversion that you can do if you want, ignore if you want, whatever. This is what made (some of) the GTA games great, and what makes me really psyched about playing more of RDR. The stuff that's NOT a main part of the game is just as interesting and diverting for me as the main story missions. I'm quite happy to pootle around reading newspapers, hunting coyotes, punching strangers in the face and chasing trains.

So far, happy and impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:11 am

That's a lot of the reason why I like (some of) Bioware and Bethesda's games. These are game companies that you can tell really love making games and love the games they make.

Also I've seen tons of commercials for Red Dead Redemption. I keep thinking it'd be a great movie, from the advertisements, but never the kind of game I'd spend time playing.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:04 pm

To be honest, I would've preferred another GTA, hopefully set in San Andreas.

Read Dead seems pretty good though, but I won't get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption   Red Dead Redemption Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: