Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions and Problems

Go down 
+4
squirrelbo1
sexbad
Izanagi_the fool
Uberman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

Questions and Problems Empty
PostSubject: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:29 pm

A place for questions about the running of the forums, rules, concerns, problems, anything like that. Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Izanagi_the fool

Izanagi_the fool

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 am

What is the rule on swearing?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 am

fuck fuck shit penis
Back to top Go down
Izanagi_the fool

Izanagi_the fool

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:03 am

So I take that as there is no rule. awesome.
Back to top Go down
squirrelbo1

squirrelbo1

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:39 am

were all mature adults, ok well were all adults, so swearing shouldn't really be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Izanagi_the fool

Izanagi_the fool

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:06 am

Well some forums have those rules...fucking gamespot.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah, I guess I should post some actual rules up here.

But yeah, swearing is fine.

You can say words like ... bottoms. And poo poo. And ... actually they're the only swear words I know.
Back to top Go down
Arab-man666

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 am

Uberman wrote:
Yeah, I guess I should post some actual rules up here.

But yeah, swearing is fine.

You can say words like ... bottoms. And poo poo. And ... actually they're the only swear words I know.

Can I say pants?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 pm

You may. But not 'poopy-pants'. That's a bit strong.
Back to top Go down
herman the german

herman the german

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 am

uberman, why did you not use the forum faq as some kind of elaborate joke that leads people to meatspin? c'mon, your loosing your touch! :L
Back to top Go down
MeisterKleister

MeisterKleister

PostSubject: Text readability (minor problem)   Questions and Problems EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:22 am

"Uberman" in dark blue on a dark grey background is hard to read, as well as bright green text on bright grey buttons.

Needs a little more contrast.

Also:
How come I don't see my signature nor anyone else's?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Hmmm. Yes, may change the theme.

Sigs are 'off' and always will be. I hate signatures on forums. HATE ! Honestly, no joke, movie quote, song lyric or picture is interesting enough that people want to see it after every one of your posts.

HATE !

ANGER !

Calm now.
Back to top Go down
MeisterKleister

MeisterKleister

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 am

I like the theme. It's just these 2 little things I mentioned.

Ah, I understand how you feel about the signatures. I was just a little confused, because I could edit my sig in my profile. Could be mentioned in a pinned thread along with the forum rules.

Anyways... the forums look less colorful without sigs IMHO.
:/
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Uberman wrote:
Hmmm. Yes, may change the theme.

Sigs are 'off' and always will be. I hate signatures on forums. HATE ! Honestly, no joke, movie quote, song lyric or picture is interesting enough that people want to see it after every one of your posts.

HATE !

ANGER !

Calm now.

I like signatures! From someone's signature, you can usually tell whether or not he's a dick and so avoid him.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

I have a dream ! I dream of a day when a man is judged not by the color of his sig, but by the content of his character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:40 am

We're gonna get tons of members, right?

You're advertising relentlessly, right?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Meh. I've always been terrible at promotions. Lazy I guess. I'll advertise on the rwep homepage and one the new videos. If anyone else wants to post invites anywhere that good people are known to congregate, then feel free.

It's a real balancing act. More people is grenerally better news, but what KIND of new people ? Ah, but there's the rub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 am

What is your definition of a bad poster
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 am

I think pretty much anything is OK, except for personal abuse. Someone comes on and argues with someone else - offers a different opinion, well, that's fine. But if someone then starts hurling abuse simply because they disagree, that's not OK. Intentional trolling and abuse is about the only thing I can think of that would make someone a 'bad' poster and therefore unwelcome here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:59 am

Uberman wrote:
I think pretty much anything is OK, except for personal abuse. Someone comes on and argues with someone else - offers a different opinion, well, that's fine. But if someone then starts hurling abuse simply because they disagree, that's not OK. Intentional trolling and abuse is about the only thing I can think of that would make someone a 'bad' poster and therefore unwelcome here.

What about someone who posts absolutely horridly, and I mean HORRIDLY, doesn't even know what a vowel is, and bless their hearts they're trying their hardest but they're just not the brightest bulb and they are just so obnoxious and you want to get rid of them so badly but you can't rightly do that

Are those people bad posters too
Back to top Go down
MeisterKleister

MeisterKleister

PostSubject: About spoilers...   Questions and Problems EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 am

In a forum about video games, naturally spoilers are often posted, when discussing games. Sometimes even in thread titles. Getting story-driven games spoiled in particular can be a pain in the ass.
Though it hasn't happened to me yet, this, i suspect, can be a turn-off for potential users.

I suggest 1 or 2 spoiler-free forum section or that generally all spoilers need be marked and general spoiler warnings. Or a mix of any/all of these.

@art
I think now you're nit-picking. These cases are rare and people like these are only common in really big forums where they get rebuked/ a warning or a temporary/perm ban. But usually you should look at each case individually, that is, if you have the time.

I've been to a forum where you get minus points for each spelling mistake you make. Depending on your points, you get less rights. And they handed out bans like free cookies. Was an effective of keeping that forum clean, but I don't think that'll be necessary here. I think it was called facepunch.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah, it's a pretty slippery slope. In the short term, you just hope you don't get anyone like that posting here. In the long term you ...

...uh...

...what the FUCK is that over there ?

*runs away*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Problems   Questions and Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Problems
Page 1 of 1