Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but Empty
PostSubject: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:50 am

I need advice and don't have any online friends any more and there's nobody in my area I really want to tell this

here's the situation:
I'm a senior in high school. Approx 1 week until final grades are due. I have a 54% F in English, a required class, and haven't done my senior project in Am. Government. The F in English is because some project I didn't do is weighted to be 30% of my grade. If it were weighted normally, I'd have 66%.

Anyway. My parents have threatened me multiple times and given me rules.

If I fail to graduate I will get kicked out of my house and have nowhere to live. I have no job. I have VERY little money.

Not sure what to do or where to go post-HS if I don't by some miracle get everything done in about four days.

So... any tips?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Dunno - are they serious ?

Assuming that they are, is there anyone who'd put you up for a while ? What kind of area do you live in ? As in, what kind of job opportunities ? Is there much retail / fast food etc ? Because there's always money to be made there. Also labouring.

ALTERNATIVELY

What's the odds of pulling a pass out of the bag ? Can you get anything re-marked by your teachers ? Perhaps if you explain the situation. Do you have a school counsellor ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:39 am

Regardless of whether or not they're serious I need to get out of here for my own reasons. I can't stay in this house.

I'm supposed to have a place set up down in SC but that's an 18 hour drive and $100 for gas. I'm not sure if I have enough money as is.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:35 am

I'm no expert at any of this, but maybe maybe

Are you eighteen yet? If not, you could possibly stay there because it might be illegal for them to throw you out. I'm not sure, though. If you're born late in a year like I am it could give you extra time to redeem yourself. But I'd suggest you try for extra credit or anything. You could possibly do the project over again. Fucking do your Am Government thing at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:13 am

Dragons in Space wrote:
I'm no expert at any of this, but maybe maybe

Are you eighteen yet? If not, you could possibly stay there because it might be illegal for them to throw you out. I'm not sure, though. If you're born late in a year like I am it could give you extra time to redeem yourself. But I'd suggest you try for extra credit or anything. You could possibly do the project over again. Fucking do your Am Government thing at least.

Teacher in English has already said that unless I do that stupid project I'll fail the class guaranteed. We're not talking a tiny weekend project, we're talking a project over several weeks. It's not possible.

I could stay in summer school but my parents would absolutely loathe me and I can't deal with that.

I just hope they weren't wanting me to babysit the dogs or something while they take their annual vacation to belize
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:30 am

Look, if it gets to the point where they want you out the house, you'll have to be straight with them, sit down with your father, look him in the eye and tell him what he wants to hear, that you fucked up, and they where right all along. Then ask them for forgiveness and another chance. It always worked with my parents.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:51 am

Is your teacher one of those dicks who thinks all Fs are the same? Like you could get a 59 and it would still be a 0 in the records? If not, you could at least try to get all possible done, because getting it a third done is probably not going to be as bad on your grade as not doing anything because it seems hopeless.

But yeah also cry and beg for forgiveness too and all that. Unless you've fucked up like this a lot then they will probably be sympathetic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:23 am

I don't need help from happy kids that don't need to worry about getting kicked out or beat to a bloody pulp bar-fight style.

I'm gonna have $150 for sure plus whatever I might be able to get from selling my xbox 360 and wii. We are in for quite a ride.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:06 am

Trust me buddy, I was in way more shit than you and I'm in no way a "happy kid", the first 5 years of my life where during a war which my family was in the middle of, our house and every possession we owned was torched. I spent the other 8 living from abandoned apartment to abandoned apartment in a country completely torn by war, we'd have to move when the owner or the government took it back. in those 8 years I was in school while helping my dad on construction, money was tight and life was hard.

Enough about me, I doubt your dad or your teachers are to blame for you failing, they didn't talk you out of your work or stop you. If you really want to make it work, stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes, and take your problems head on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:46 am

Infant Shaker wrote:
Enough about me, I doubt your dad or your teachers are to blame for you failing, they didn't talk you out of your work or stop you. If you really want to make it work, stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes, and take your problems head on.

I never blamed anyone for anything. I don't need lectures. I'm taking full responsibility for everything and leaving to live on my own where I can't bother these nice people any more.

I'm leaving thursday. If I don't die in a horrible crash, I'll see you guys in a week to a month. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Infant Shaker wrote:
Trust me buddy, I was in way more shit than you and I'm in no way a "happy kid", the first 5 years of my life where during a war which my family was in the middle of, our house and every possession we owned was torched. I spent the other 8 living from abandoned apartment to abandoned apartment in a country completely torn by war, we'd have to move when the owner or the government took it back. in those 8 years I was in school while helping my dad on construction, money was tight and life was hard.

Wow...that's just astounding, man, I wish I had your strength. Was it the Bosnian war?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:32 am

He said it was that one in another thread. And by war you mean genocide.

God speed, art.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:03 am

MortalWombat wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:

Wow...that's just astounding, man, I wish I had your strength. Was it the Bosnian war?

I was a kid and I had no idea what was going on, if I was in the same situation now as I was back then, I would go apeshit insane.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:05 am

Also Art, I'm really sorry if I sounded like a ass, I was in a similar situation a few years back and I pretty much blamed everyone else around me for my mistakes, I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:18 am

I'm not a very tough person. I'm frightened and paranoid of everything under the sun. I am also afraid of the sun.

Doing this requires all my mental and emotional strength... which I'll admit is not much.

Anyway, tomorrow afternoon is the day I leave.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:59 am

Listen to a bunch of inspirational music and shit like Eye of the Tiger on your trip.

I hated being afraid of everything when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:11 am

So are you sure that there is no way to fix everything up with your parents?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euyno_T3Jmg

it turns out I may spend a little over a month living in my car. I'll survive, but I won't like it.

I'll like it more than this though, that's for damn sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm back home. I'm $600 in debt. I have no job. Passing high school is going to be fucking rough now. Convincing my parents a GED is better for me in my situation will be fucking rough. I don't know.

I'm fucked. I've got at least two months of complete stressing myself to the absolute limits of my teenage mind and I've already had a few breakdowns and a giant freak-out.

I'm not sure what's up next and it's making me bang my head against walls.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Full story please. Where'd the $600 go ? Did you at least get some mental peace for a while ? What's the next step ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:05 pm

I got to the place, hung out with friend, but then murphy's law kicked in. Somebody in the neighborhood ended up in the hospital (may be dead, don't know if it was assault or what) and a section of the apts got closed off by police, his mother decided she didn't like me and refused to give us a sum of money we NEEDED for this plan to work

I mean, long story short, I had to call my mother and ask for a ride back home and that fun trip cost essentially $600+

And there was some idiot in Tennessee I rear ended because I was barreling down an off ramp and god only knows how much that will cost yet.

My next step in my plan is to rest another 24 hours. I've already gotten about 20 hours of sleep. I just don't know what the hell to do any more.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:26 pm

art wrote:
I got to the place, hung out with friend, but then murphy's law kicked in. Somebody in the neighborhood ended up in the hospital (may be dead, don't know if it was assault or what) and a section of the apts got closed off by police, his mother decided she didn't like me and refused to give us a sum of money we NEEDED for this plan to work

I mean, long story short, I had to call my mother and ask for a ride back home and that fun trip cost essentially $600+

And there was some idiot in Tennessee I rear ended because I was barreling down an off ramp and god only knows how much that will cost yet.

My next step in my plan is to rest another 24 hours. I've already gotten about 20 hours of sleep. I just don't know what the hell to do any more.

Maybe try get a part-time job, and work off the debt while you study?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:31 am

I figured I would post this here since this is my own personal "life sucks" topic

I need help. Mental/emotional help. I don't know how to go about doing that.

I can buy knick knacks and food and gas and things but I simply don't have the money for $100 therapy. I want free or incredibly cheap. But it's not like I need someone to tell me everything will be OK and that I need to think positive.

Jesus christ, for the past 5 years of my life I simply haven't been happy with anything I do. Even things that are "fun" grow boring and even depressing to me after a short period of time. It wasn't always this way. I could enjoy things as a little kid. Now it just seems impossible. Nothing really inspires me to get out of bed in the morning.

I don't want to get the same bullshit I get everywhere. I don't want the "think positive," or the "eat right, exercise, and stay healthy," and I don't want to be told that this is a phase I'm going through and that everyone's been through this before. I've tried thinking positive, being as healthy as I can, exercising daily, being with friends all the time. They don't make me happy. They distract me, but it's not even a very meaningful amount. If I'm at a friend's house and he gets up to get a drink of water I sink into a depression again almost immediately until said friend gets back to keep me company. I've tried to reason with myself and say "it has to be hormones, it has to be a phase, it's something I'm just going to get over eventually" but it's been with me since I was thirteen years old and it isn't letting up.

People like me turn to drugs. It's the truth. I have "self control" and a natural aversion to narcotics and illegal substances, and I don't have druggy friends, but if it weren't for my irrational fear of drugs and lack of druggy friends I would be the druggiest fellow around. I'm going to be honest, I can't handle the harsh realities of life. I sleep for almost 18 HOURS A DAY most days. When I leave the house I feel empty and unhappy. Watching a movie distracts me for 90 minutes but then afterwords I just want to die.

I'd be suicidal if it weren't for my self control. Perhaps it's just fear of death and/or final judgement, but I don't want to die yet. It's just that I don't want to go on living either.

I mean, fuck. I don't know what to do.

I want happy pills.

Has anyone here undergone therapy and want to give me some tips?
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am

What can I say man? Life is hard, it sucks, and I won't bullshit you, it rarely gets easier. The only thing I can really suggest is keeping your mind off of it, find a nice little hobby, anything to get away from everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Infant Shaker wrote:
What can I say man? Life is hard, it sucks, and I won't bullshit you, it rarely gets easier. The only thing I can really suggest is keeping your mind off of it, find a nice little hobby, anything to get away from everything.

I'm an escapist. Lately even video games have not been able to keep me busy enough.

Oh the sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but   Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry to bring my personal problems to the forum and all but
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next