Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)

Go down 
+4
AnonymousAdam
MortalWombat
-drifter-
Odobenus rosmarus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Odobenus rosmarus

Odobenus rosmarus

Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) Empty
PostSubject: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Piracy is a war-like act committed by private parties that engage in acts of robbery and/or criminal violence. So there are no pirate topics on this forum. So what do you think about piracy robbing on the sea or robbing at home on a computer?
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm fairly apathetic towards internet piracy. I won't try to justify it, I just don't think pirating the occasional game or movie is a big deal. As for real life piracy, I'm not exactly an expert so I really wouldn't be the person to ask.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Game publishers often post pirated titles as sales they should be compensated for, but look at it this way:
How many pirates will buy the game in the first place?
Most of the time pirated games are treated as demos (since there's only SP), and the full version is bought if enjoyed. Obviously not all pirates are as such but I'm speaking from experience based on forum browsing.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 pm

For me, it's sort of vise-versa: I usually only pirate games I already bought at one point or another, and would like to play again. Like I said before though, I'm not going to try to justify it, I have pirated games I've never owned because I was short on money or just too lazy to track down the actual copy.
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Shame on you all!   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 am

YOU WOULDNT STEAL A CAR!

No but really, I dont pirate simply because I dont know how. I watch movies and tv series for free online, witch I guess is just as bad, and I dont feel bad about that at all.

I mean sure, I get that developers dont want you to get games for free, but many people (me) still buy their games anyway, so whats the problem?

Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:23 am

AnonymousAdam wrote:
so whats the problem?
Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzBS2xYmCM9gLZP9HAORbeZAnzsqemow3H8F1rMb9IfVnD8JicJA
Back to top Go down
AnonymousAdam

AnonymousAdam

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 am

I already give them money.......

He should be pointing at YOU, pirate scum!

Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:07 pm

$ = $
They don't care where it comes from as long as it comes

edit: That sounded slightly sexual ;)
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Crysis 2 beta complete with singleplayer, multiplayer, and DRM shit leaked onto thepiratebay and shit.

I don't care, really, but this is a thread about piracy.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:51 am

I actually have a skull and crossbones tattooed on my chest, but that more because of my wandering lifestyle. And rape / pillage etc.

I think it's impossible to justify piracy. It IS theft, there's no way around it. Having said that, I do it anyway. When I live in foriegn countries (which is always) I usually don't have access to English language TV shows or movies. For TV shows its no question, I DL them. For movies, if it's something I actually want to see then I'll go to the cinema, if its just a speculative watch then I'll DL it.

For games its similar for me. If I actually want it, I'll buy it. If it's just speculation, I'll get a naughty copy. This seems to be a pretty common trend amoungst 'pirates', and it has been speculated thta piracy hasn't hurt sales in all media (music, movies, games etc) as much as developers and publishers would like to say, as mostly people only pirate stuff they're only half interested in anyways, and probably would never have bought at full price. Again, not trying to justify here, just sayin'.

And this is not wholly justified either, but it has to be from a major developer. Especially for small developers on the PC, it's really really important to support them with cash, otherwise we simiply won't see that sector of the market any more, which would suck for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 am

I have never done something like that because I am a fair man. And the net's to slow. So I buy stuff.
Back to top Go down
superawesomecoolguy

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 am

When it comes to games,more often than not,i will DL it first to check it out and only if i really like it i'll buy it,and sometimes i like a game but i simply can't afford it so i DL it anyway (like the recent Dragon age 2 which was a let down compared to origins) yes i know it's wrong.
Songs and music i download alot more than i buy,simply because in Israel there is such a small variety of foreign rock that is so over-priced that it's just not worth it (i have about 4K songs on my comp,out of them about 30-36 are legally bought....) .
On the other hand,because in Israel all the TV shows and movies only come with Hebrew subtitles and no Hebrew voice overs,i hardly download shows and movies since i have all my favorite shows and movies,in HD,in the original English,for FREE on my TV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)   Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay) Empty

Back to top Go down

Piracy(Lego pirates of the caribbean yay)
Page 1 of 1