Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) Empty
PostSubject: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh god...BP has a LOT to answer for. Any idea what's going to happen, since it still hasn't been plugged?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Yes, they seem to be floundering around trying to figure out how to fix the damn thing. The last plan I heard was that tey were going to try to forcibly shoot mud into theoutflow, hoping that it will (somehow) stay there and form a plug. Sounds odd to me, but it was the last thing I heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Would it be possible to just block it off with sediment, or at least stem it until they can find a real solution?
Back to top Go down
AHungryTurtle

AHungryTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:35 pm

If I were in charge of these oil spill thingies, Id just burn it off the surface of the water...
Should work...
Maybe... ? :|
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:19 pm

They've already done that, but it hasn't done much
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:20 am

AHungryTurtle wrote:
If I were in charge of these oil spill thingies, Id just burn it off the surface of the water...
Should work...
Maybe... ? :|

Yeah, they burn off the natural gas that comes out with the oil, but they don't burn the oil. If you burn the oil then the surface of the area you're trying to work is on fire, so you can't get your equipment in over the leak. They say the mud / sediment / concrete / plug idea is working somewhat. We shall see what happens. Now everyone is playing the blame game, from BP and Obama on down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:04 am

I think that at this point if the people of New Orleans don't get the hint they never will.

http://tpmtv.talkingpointsmemo.com/?id=5549565
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)   Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters) Empty

Back to top Go down

Oil Spill (I like gummi bears| 10 characters)
Page 1 of 1