Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Great Games of Old

Go down 
+5
Uberman
Casted
sexbad
Infant Shaker
-drifter-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Casted

Casted

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Drifter wrote:
Casted wrote:

Ok)
Here goes)
In MGS 4 Snake defeats his brother (who is only Ocelot who was brain washed),Big Boss got free only to die from Fox Die coz Snake was infected with new version.
After 6 month he dies from Fox Die to,Merylmarries Akiba (Kohny fromthe MGS 1 ( the who whos uniform she took)
Raiden is reunited with Rose.
More HERE

I know all that. My question is: What the hell happened to Snake and Meryl's relationship between 1 and 4?

The usuall stuff man.
She went one way Snake went aniother way. That's it. No hidden plot or somthing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Drifter wrote:
The stuff that turns you invisible? If so, how is it important to the plot?

do you seriously not know these things or are you just trolling me
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 am

I seriously don't. It's worth keeping in mind that I didn't play through Metal Gear Solid 2 (hated it too much) so if it involves that game, I wouldn't know about it.
Back to top Go down
RacialKen

RacialKen

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:44 am

Casted wrote:

Ok)
Here goes)
In MGS 4 Snake defeats his brother (who is only Ocelot who was brain washed),Big Boss got free only to die from Fox Die coz Snake was infected with new version.
After 6 month he dies from Fox Die to,Merylmarries Akiba (Kohny fromthe MGS 1 ( the who whos uniform she took)
Raiden is reunited with Rose.
More HERE

I've always thought the plot to the Metal Gear games didn't make much sense - you have confirmed my suspicions nicely. MGS1 was a very good game - I agree with Drifter though, the second one was a bit meh.

My nomination for this thread will be Sim Ant:

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 SimAnt_boxart

Released when every other game in the store was Sim *somethingorother* this little gem took complicated story lines to the next level: You're the black ants and you need to defeat the red ants. Oh and make the poor guy move out of his house, while you're at it.

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 245695-sim_ant003_super

Not strictly speaking my favourite game that's over eight years old, but the MGS plot explanations were confusing me no end. It did eat quite a few hours of my early/mid teen life though, so in that respect has earned itself a mention.

Hurray for Sim Ant!
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:38 am

Yeah, I never followed MGS story line, too confusing.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 am

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Nes_tetris_box_front
Bow before the great one all ye the unwothy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 am

Infant Shaker wrote:

It's only confusing in that it's slowly collapsing in on itself. It's already nearly half destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 am

art wrote:
Infant Shaker wrote:

It's only confusing in that it's slowly collapsing in on itself. It's already nearly half destroyed.

*Crying* Leave MGS alone !!! *sobs* It's immortal! You just don't inderstand... The plot's flips and turns, suggestive names... it's so great, so leave MGS alone!!! *keeps on crying*
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 am

I saw a cutscene from MGS4 in which two characters had various moodswings and spoke about their relationships with clichés while doing kung fu and shooting people.

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah, I'd say the original is the only one with an actually decent story. After that things just gets more and more confusing/ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Casted wrote:

Bow before the great one all ye the unwothy!

One of my great memories of bonding with my Dad was playing the original Tetris in the arcades. He loved it and so did I. He can't play games with a lot of controls, so the simplicity of Tetris was perfect. I'd know when he started getting into trouble with his game because although he usually swears very infrequently, a stream of profanity would start to flow from his mouth like a drunken sailor. Good times !
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 am

Jazz Jackrabbit. Nintendo had Mario. Sonic had Sega. PC had Jazz. This is one of the best old skool platformer/shooter games ever. Quick paced and simple to play.
The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Jazz2500

Tyrian. Also for the PC. This was a great arcade style fighter jet game, set in the future. It had a SHIT-TON of weapons that could all had various upgraded stages, you could modify your ship, etc.
The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Tyrian2

Yoshi's Story. I think everyone knows about this one. This was the first game I ever specifically chose for myself. (I already had a bunch of games for the NES my uncle gave to me, and the above two games my dad just bought for me)
The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Yoshis_story_box-794804
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 pm

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Bloody%20roar

This game was pretty awesome, I used to be in love with it.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Infant Shaker is a closet furry.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Uberman wrote:

Just look into that bunny's eyes, how could you not be?
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 am

Uberman wrote:
I was thinking of making a furry joke and then decided against it. So thanks. Har har.

Also, Virgin produced/produces games? I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Infant Shaker wrote:
The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Bloody%20roar

This game was pretty awesome, I used to be in love with it.

THIS GAME IS SO-O-O-O Awsome!
I used to skip classes with my friends just to get home and play it.
Back to top Go down
superawesomecoolguy

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 pm

quest for glory V dragon's fire
look it up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 am

Syphon Filter.

Back to top Go down
Izanagi_the fool

Izanagi_the fool

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Super Castlevania IV. Fixed everything wrong with the series only to be fucked up again by Dracula X Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:57 pm

art wrote:
Syphon Filter.

Some Syphon Filter - good.

Some Syphon Filter - bad.

Basically it was a great series that didn't keep up with the times. The first ones were really innovative and cool, but for whatever reason they didn't keep up with the advances made in gaming ove rthe years.
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:41 am

The Great Games of Old - Page 2 239157_H
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:43 am

Holy Shit ! I used to have a couple of those. Think I tossed them out long ago. Pity, they're probably collector's items now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Games of Old   The Great Games of Old - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Games of Old
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Review With Extreme Prejudice :: Released Games-
Jump to: