Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
+5
AnonymousAdam
Uberman
sexbad
art
-drifter-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

So, excited?
YESH!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty62%The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty
 62% [ 8 ]
NO!
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty38%The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
sexbad

sexbad

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:37 am

It actually looks pretty high-quality. Visceral combat (with better AI, it seems) AND good animation?
Not that much in terms of actual roleplaying though. People seem to believe that roleplaying is filling your character with different weapons, rather than actually choosing your role and building upon it.
Back to top Go down
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 am

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think there's really enough in that one video to tell how deep it will be.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 am

I've decided I want to play this. Now. Someone make it come out tomorrow.

Drifter. Make this game come out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
-drifter-

-drifter-

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 pm

I'll try, but I'm notoriously lazy and a terrible procrastinator.
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Sexbad wrote:
It actually looks pretty high-quality. Visceral combat (with better AI, it seems) AND good animation?
Not that much in terms of actual roleplaying though. People seem to believe that roleplaying is filling your character with different weapons, rather than actually choosing your role and building upon it.

Aye, the role-playing has never been a strong-point in the more recent Bethesda games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion. It felt like you could become awesome at everything. Plus the horrible idea of enemy leveling ruined much of the games. But as per usual with these titles, the modding community will hopefully improve massively on these and other aspects of the game.

The character in the video seems to be good at wielding swords, axes, bows AND able to cast powerful spells. In the finished game I really hope you are forced to actually choose one or two weapon/magic skills instead of just being ace at everything.

Oh, and man this game looks good. Hopefully those dragon fights are going to be incredibly hard, and impossible to win with a low-level character.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I just watched the gameplay again, and noticed the "stealth" this time around. The part where you're in the dark part of a cave and take two guys out with a bow and arrow. I think you all should watch their reactions to their friends being shot. It's like Deus Ex all over again.
Back to top Go down
CajoleryJoe

CajoleryJoe

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Sexbad wrote:
I just watched the gameplay again, and noticed the "stealth" this time around. The part where you're in the dark part of a cave and take two guys out with a bow and arrow. I think you all should watch their reactions to their friends being shot. It's like Deus Ex all over again.

I noticed that too. Sad times... Why can't they just have nearby enemies react in a more natural way in these situations? And by "natural" I don't mean charge towards the shooter after their friend was just killed, but rather run for cover or run towards, and alert, friendlies in the vicinity? Is it really that hard to code?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:55 am

*looks at watch*

*looks at game store with Skyrim still unreleased*

*looks at Drifter*

*taps foot impatiently*
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2