Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deus Ex (10 characters)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

Deus Ex (10 characters) Empty
PostSubject: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 am

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14220588/deus-ex-3/videos/e32010_deusexhuman_trl_e3trailer_comp_60310.html

I'm not to familiar with this game, but it looks really intense. The focus seems to be on the plot and is pretty cool overall.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Deus Ex 3 is something of a mythical creature, like the Bigfoot of video game development, or the new Duke Nukem. I hope you're familiar with the first Deus Ex though, it was a groundbreaking game for its time. But yeah, Deus Ex 3, let's just say I'll believe it when I see it. And then I will rejoice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 am

I played Deus Ex and found it just about anything but groundbreaking. I mean, only the first level, but I was turned off by the poor acting, mediocre plot, and absolutely retarded AI. All should be approved for an actual RPG that involves stealth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 am

Nipples In Space wrote:
I played Deus Ex and found it just about anything but groundbreaking. I mean, only the first level, but I was turned off by the poor acting, mediocre plot, and absolutely retarded AI. All should be approved for an actual RPG that involves stealth.

did you not read the FOR ITS TIME part?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Nipples In Space wrote:

Yeah, even at the time the voice acting was pretty heavily derided. I mean, that's something that has no excuse - age makes no difference. And the graphics at the time were average to OK, not spectacular.

What Deus Ex did was to give players real choices for the first time in that kind of game. Did you want to be stealthy or balls-out ? Did you wnat to be a good guy or an asshole ? And the game reacted back at you however you chose to play. This was monumental stuff for the time in terms of player freedom and even today there a plenty of games that don't get the formula right.

Plus it did cool black sunglasses and long trenchcoats long before The Matrix. Eat it, Keanu.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:52 am

Didn't it come out after The Matrix?
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Yes, but can you dodge bullets by leaning backwards? Hmm?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 am

Nipples In Space wrote:
Didn't it come out after The Matrix?

*quick internet search*

Deus Ex - published 2000

The Matrix - released 1999.

Yeah ... but ...

... but it ....

.. you see, the thing about The Matrix is ...

... fuck.

Fuckitty fuck fuck.

Forget everything I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 am

Proven wrong yet again, Uberman! And in the same sub-forum too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex (10 characters)   Deus Ex (10 characters) Empty

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex (10 characters)
Page 1 of 1