Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RWEP has been cancelled ...

Go down 
+4
sexbad
Infant Shaker
MortalWombat
Uberman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

RWEP has been cancelled ... Empty
PostSubject: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

So it seems that YouTube have deleted my youTube account. Probably for coypright infringement, but they haven't been specific. No warning, no nothing. Which is a bit of a bummer.

Luckily all the videos have been saved on my blog, which runs through blip.tv :

http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. A few people read my blog, but definitely my largest viewership was on YouTube, and that's where most new viewers came from. I'm pretty sure everyone here on the forum came from YouTube originally.

800,000 views, 3200 subscribers, all deleted in the blink of an eye with zero warning. What a pack of bastards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 pm

We'll still follow you wherever you go, Uberman, like lost puppies.

Maybe this will be a good thing. Maybe the masses will riot against youtube and create more publicity for you!
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Could you set up another YouTube account? I'd re-subscribe if you sent me a link to your channel.
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:12 am

Wow that's bullshit...
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 am

I think that if you're criticizing copyrighted material it technically isn't allowed to be taken down. Even if you're just plain babbling it's still technically criticism, so I don't particularly know what's happening. I'll miss it though.

You're a very uber man, so maybe you can use your infinite wisdom and humor to start up a series about something else.
Back to top Go down
superawesomecoolguy

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:13 am

in uber man we trust!
screw youtube it's a small unsuccessful site hardly anybody uses......
maybe your account got hacked?they have to give you a warning or atleast delete some of your videos to get a message through they cant just rip apart your life's work like that!
anyway i love your videos although they are pretty rare lately and me and my fellow rwep enthusiasts will follow you even if you post videos on the 9th gate of hell

superawesomecool guy a.k.a daniel a.k.a the guy with wierd english a.k.a me out
piece
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:52 pm

OK, so the short term solution is that I've set up a new account - MrUberman77. Or you can search for 'Review With Extreme Prejudice'. There's a brand new video up.

However, I'm worried that this might all just happen again ... so I do't know. It'd be good if people go back and subscribe, but in the long run www.reviewwithextremeprejudice. com is probably more stable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Uberman, I know I smell funny and my clothes are kind of sticky from the grime of living under a rock, but...

can I give you a hug?
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:18 am

Yes.

I think I need a hug.
Back to top Go down
MeisterKleister

MeisterKleister

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 am

I'm pretty pissed at YouTube.
This reminds me of LittleKuriboh who makes Yu-Gi-Oh! parodies. His channel got deleted by YouTube (he had around 40,000 subscribers, if I remember correctly).
I don't know how or whether he resolved his issues with YouTube, so that his new channel hasn't been deleted yet.

The only suggestion that comes to my mind:
Contact LiberalViewer from YouTube and ask him for advice. He is a lawyer and an expert on fair use and he seems like a nice enough fellow.
I you don't contact him I will.
You've got my support. Hope I could help.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the support. Nil desperandum, it looks like RWEP will live on.

The real problem here that I've discovered is that YTube is completely automated and run by bots. So it's pretty much impossible to get the help you need.

I want to appeal the decision, but one of the first things they ask for before you can proceed is the name of the claimant who got you banned in the first place. Fair enough, I'd like to know that myself. So you fill in an online form which sends you an automated e-mail that tells you they can't give you any details about the claim.

Eh ?

So they demand you to give them information that they themselves are holding, and when you ask them for the info, they refuse to give it to you. It's like a joke, like something out of Catch 22 or The Office or a Kafka novel.

Ultimately www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com is the way to go, but unfortunately it just has a much lower audience.

Don't worry chaps, RWEP WILL LIVE ON !
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 am

Great to see your new channel, you should get a bitchin' background to make it look more "legit".
Back to top Go down
Casted

Casted

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm

TheUberman77 acc is blocked.
WTF is going on?
Try to crate your new mail on other site.
Back to top Go down
PunchFox

PunchFox

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Don't bother trying to fight Youtube. It's owned by Google, which is gigantic emotionless robot (as I'm sure you've found out). You'll just get angrier then you already are.

You can always try re-uploading everything but as you said, there is always a chance you will just be deleted again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jesseweiman.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWEP has been cancelled ...   RWEP has been cancelled ... Empty

Back to top Go down

RWEP has been cancelled ...
Page 1 of 1