Review With Extreme Prejudice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion of games, reviews, previews and more.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RWEP video requests

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

RWEP video requests Empty
PostSubject: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 pm

By the way, if anyone has a request for a game to feature as the weekly RWEP video, I'd be happy to hear it. No promises though. I have a few criteria -

1. Game cannot be released. No exceptions, that's the whole point of RWEP.

2. There has to be a fair amount of video available. One teaser trailer isn't enough for me to work with - I need at least four or five videos, preferably more, to cut together.

3. It can't be a comedy game. I can't make something funny if it's already funny. The job's been done. So, for example, the Monkey Island or Sam and Max adventure games on PC are out for me. They're already funnier than I can be.

And that's about it. Console doesn't matter. Popular games are obviously better as more people will be interested in it. Like I said, no promises, but let me know if there's something you'd like to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwithextremeprejudice.com

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 am

You just missed Dead or Alive Paradise, that would have been a great review.

Let me list some games coming out that might be fun to review:
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Halo: Reach
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Duke Nukem Trilogy: Critical Mass
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Monster Hunter Tri
Metroid: Other M

Some of those might be difficult to get in-game footage of

with games like Metroid: Other M and Halo: Reach where only cinematic footage and cutscenes have been released, you can make fun of that by saying "The game is only a series of cutscenes" if you don't feel that it's too cliche or something better could be done
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Goddamit Uberman, MAKE SOME POKEMON ONES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am

Halo: Reach and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 are still up for grabs, very popular ideas, and have plenty of footage.

The new Kingdom Hearts isn't out until June. Seize the opportunity!

And be on the look-out for this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Rising
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Nice to see XBOX 360 already being mentioned for new Metal Gear game. A tragedy for my kind that the last one was a PS3 exclusive. I'd've liked to've played it.

Halo Reach is definitely on the cards, if only so I can be called an asshole n00b by a few hundred people, like tha last time I reviewed a Halo game (ODST). However, it's so far away I feel no pressing nee dto do it right now. Likewise, Crysis.

Kingdom Hearts. Hmmmmmm...
Back to top Go down
interlider

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Heroes of Newerth.

There are more than 60k concurrent users at peaks during the day and it's still in Beta - aka, unreleased. This comes to prove the game is popular enough for a review and there is enough video footage of the game to be used in a review.

It also has several issues alligned to it that have been raged about in several videos on the internet that can be used to comment upon.

~IntEr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:36 am

interlider wrote:
Heroes of Newerth.

There are more than 60k concurrent users at peaks during the day and it's still in Beta - aka, unreleased. This comes to prove the game is popular enough for a review and there is enough video footage of the game to be used in a review.

It also has several issues alligned to it that have been raged about in several videos on the internet that can be used to comment upon.

~IntEr

Games in the Beta stage are technically released.

The point of a review with extreme prejudice is to review a game based only on hype, trailers, and some in-game footage
Back to top Go down
interlider

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:15 am

I see. It's a pitty though, there's more material to make a good, funny review (with extreme prejudice) on that game than any other. Plus you can always only look at the footage instead of actually trying it.

Anyways, just sayin' :P

~IntEr
Back to top Go down
Infant Shaker

Infant Shaker

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:56 am

Hey Uberman! I'd love to see a RWEP on UFC 2010: Undisputed, There is some Gameplay and a demo should be coming out pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 am

art wrote:
interlider wrote:
Heroes of Newerth.

~IntEr

Games in the Beta stage are technically released.

The point of a review with extreme prejudice is to review a game based only on hype, trailers, and some in-game footage
I think a game in a beta stage could be considered about the same as a game that was already released in countries outside of where people mainly speak English. Some, maybe even many people have played them, but they weren't technically released. If Yakuza 3 worked I would think this one would as well, but I'm not clear on the entirety of the principle.

But fuck principle. Stick it to the man either way and do a review B-)
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Hmmmm....

I'm thinking ....

I'm thinking that I don't think I can pull off a game that's in beta. Of course, 99% of what I do on RWEP is about being completely full of shit. If there's already plain evidence of my shitfullness, from people who are actively playing the beta, I think it kind of loses some of the edge. What I mean is, if it's something that I could legitemately be reviewing by being a part of the beta, then the Extreme Prejudice becomes somewhat nonsensical.

I've never even considered doing an MMO before. An interesting proposition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:18 am

Halo: Reach is still up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Halo Reach is for certain, as it will result in enough fanboy tears to irrigate the Sahara. No rush though, it's still a long way off.
Back to top Go down
MortalWombat

MortalWombat

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:20 pm

art wrote:

Despite you just stating that Beta games are already "technically released"?
Back to top Go down
sexbad

sexbad

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Rage, Singularity, Brink, though they all could use a little to a lot more footage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:12 am

MortalWombat wrote:
art wrote:

Despite you just stating that Beta games are already "technically released"?

That's a multiplayer beta. How the single player will function is still completely unknown.

There's a difference between the mmorpg beta phase and this "beta."
Back to top Go down
Uberman
Admin
Uberman

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah, I hear what you're saying but I'm pretty sure I can still pull this one off. It might be in beta, but it's still mostly an unknown. I can get away with it I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWEP video requests   RWEP video requests Empty

Back to top Go down

RWEP video requests
Page 1 of 1